• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

DFW Brisket Reviews

But tell the truth, is there anyplace you would go to buy BBQ that would/can compare with what you cook in the yard?

But tell the truth, is there anyplace you would go to buy BBQ that would/can compare with what you cook in the yard?

Yes - but at a much higher cost for the same quality

As for brisket and pulled pork, I really cannot buy better than what I make, at least within reasonable driving distance.

I am sure all the restaurants fall prey to the same problem, if you are not there and are depending on someone else, the quality is going to fail. Also, I think it would be difficult to "time" when you need the meat coming off the smoker. I have had thoughts of opening a bbq stand, but I know cooking for me and mine is much easier than cooking for you and yours.

Interesting article. I haven't eaten at Angelo's in quite a while. The Railhead in Colleyville gets my business about once a month, and usually a lunch special. It's a tossup between Railhead and Angelo's for the coldest beer in Texas. My local favorite is N. Main. The comment about the ribs being tough or chewy....think competition quality. They do an all you can eat deal for $12, that includes spares, brisket, chicken, sausage, chopped beef, and all of the usual sides and condiments.

Farkin guy didnt like much of anything
Try living in California where Applebees
is considered GREAT BBQ
Ya got to do your own

Interesting. I ate at one of the newer Sony Bryan's last march and I had a three meat platter I thought was pretty good. Not rubbery, not overdone, and had good flavor...<shrug>

Re: RE: DFW Brisket Reviews

Arlin_MacRae said:
Interesting. I ate at one of the newer Sony Bryan's last march and I had a three meat platter I thought was pretty good. Not rubbery, not overdone, and had good flavor...<shrug>

The original on Inwood had some good food. The last time I was there it just wasn't the same. Maybe it wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as it used to be. Maybe that's just me though.

Back