MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-17-2019, 06:41 PM   #91
m-fine
is Blowin Smoke!

So, with a bit of yelling and a bunch of snide comments, I was able to open the canopy in the family room. The leg height is adjustable so it fits just fine...well it would have if I didn’t forget about the ceiling fan. Ooooops!

With the fan in the way, I was only able to open it without the fabric on it. The frame is fairly heavy duty, not a cheapo light weight model, but not going to survive a hurricane or anything like that. I was also able to do it single handed although a second person would have made it much easier and faster.

For $80, it’s great. I shoulda ordered one of each color!

Old 01-17-2019, 07:02 PM   #92
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Dennis

Cool thanks! I ordered the camo one. Probably be hot but it'll match my koozie and tumbler. Thanks for the replies Brethren!
BUBBA GRILLS 250r, CharGriller Akorn, 1.5 uds, 28in Blackstone, Blackstone Tailgater, Weber Mastertouch Slate Blue, Weber Copper Performer Premium, Weber 26er, Weber Jumbo Joe, and a set of Octoforks!

GOOD FOOD GOOD TIMES AND GOOD FRIENDS CAN BE FOUND HERE!! THE BBQ BRETHREN BASHES!
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8
Blythewood BBQ'er is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-17-2019, 07:04 PM   #93
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-fine View Post
So, with a bit of yelling and a bunch of snide comments, I was able to open the canopy in the family room. The leg height is adjustable so it fits just fine...well it would have if I didn’t forget about the ceiling fan. Ooooops!

With the fan in the way, I was only able to open it without the fabric on it. The frame is fairly heavy duty, not a cheapo light weight model, but not going to survive a hurricane or anything like that. I was also able to do it single handed although a second person would have made it much easier and faster.

For $80, it’s great. I shoulda ordered one of each color!
Your life sounds alot like mine lol!
BUBBA GRILLS 250r, CharGriller Akorn, 1.5 uds, 28in Blackstone, Blackstone Tailgater, Weber Mastertouch Slate Blue, Weber Copper Performer Premium, Weber 26er, Weber Jumbo Joe, and a set of Octoforks!

GOOD FOOD GOOD TIMES AND GOOD FRIENDS CAN BE FOUND HERE!! THE BBQ BRETHREN BASHES!
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8
Blythewood BBQ'er is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2019, 09:21 PM   #94
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Hard coolers are all sold out other than the 20.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:01 PM   #95
Swine Spectator
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : David

Got my chairs. They are big, comfy, and sturdy. Oh, and the cupholder is designed to hold a tumbler!

Thanks!

- "There's nothing magical about 225°, except waking up earlier and eating later." - DaveAlvarado
- "You talk about burning lots of wood like it’s a bad thing..." - Gimmethecash
Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller!
Swine Spectator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2019, 08:58 AM   #96
cullenbranson
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Cullen

For anyone else waiting on an order . . . I'm still waiting on jugs and tumblers. Order placed last Wednesday. Received most of it Tuesday. I chatted with Rtic through the site app and was told "shipping out within 10 business days." My stuff still says "pending".

Just a thought, but I'm betting they sold stuff they didn't have. Guessing an issue with inventory not updating fast enough with online orders.

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-18-2019, 09:37 AM   #97
stckciv
Knows what a fatty is.

I had the same issue with my order. Some stuff came in and other stuff said shipped but FED EX says it just has shipping label. I spoke with RTIC yesterday and they said orders will ship out the beginning of next week. Works for me as it was just stuff I was getting for my GF and camping.
You all making me want to get some chairs and a canopy now! ugh
stckciv is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2019, 02:12 PM   #98
SmokyDick
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by cullenbranson View Post
For anyone else waiting on an order . . . I'm still waiting on jugs and tumblers. Order placed last Wednesday. Received most of it Tuesday. I chatted with Rtic through the site app and was told "shipping out within 10 business days." My stuff still says "pending".

Just a thought, but I'm betting they sold stuff they didn't have. Guessing an issue with inventory not updating fast enough with online orders.

Got my tumblers but coffee cups that ship out of texas still haven't left texas. Chat rep told me the same thing.

They also told me I couldn't get a refund until i got them and sent them back, but at this rate its going to be past the return period before I even get them.
SmokyDick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2019, 02:28 PM   #99
jasonjax
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jason

Just ordered two canopies. One of mine was starting to fray so might as well replace em. Pretty good deal if they are worth a darn.
jasonjax is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2019, 02:37 PM   #100
WilliamKY
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : William

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blythewood BBQ'er View Post
Cool thanks! I ordered the camo one. Probably be hot but it'll match my koozie and tumbler. Thanks for the replies Brethren!
I thought about the color as well. I was leaning towards white but went with red. I figured it would still be much cooler than nothing at all which is how I've rolled over the past few years. This is going to be a wonderful relief.
Weber 26
WGA
Old Smokey Electric.
Go Cards!
WilliamKY is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2019, 02:56 PM   #101
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Parental Assigned Label

im the idiot who ordered a black canopy....
Stlsportster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2019, 07:04 PM   #102
ChrisL
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Chris

I finally bit the bullet and bought a 145. I don't need a week of ice, but when I go on beer runs it will be nice to keep the beer cold with minimal ice. Check the clearance section if you are looking for a cooler, they update the inventory throughout the day.

I also bought a canopy and it is much larger and heavier than I wanted/expected. I have not taken it out of the box yet.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:54 PM   #103
70monte
is One Chatty Farker

I got back on the clearance site and saw that they had the 20 qt hard cooler in Seafoam green on clearance. I broke weak and bought it to match the 65 qt Seafoam green one I just bought.

I have a 20 qt Pelican cooler that I have not been that impressed with as far as ice retention goes. I want to see if this Rtic 20 qt does better.

Old 01-19-2019, 04:58 AM   #104
Czarbecue
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Viet King Cong

I expected more pictures in this thread.

Old 01-19-2019, 05:40 AM   #105
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarbecue View Post
I expected more pictures in this thread.
Here's some more.........