Don't shoot me. I'm only the Messenger.

Sounds like propaganda cooked up by Hank Hill, and the propane companies. Actually, it is probably true, but what good is living, if you have to eat off a gas grill for the rest of your life?

Bang!!!, oops.:oops:

Eggs are bad for you. Wait now they're good for you. Butter's bad for you. Wait now butter is good for you. Alcohol is bad for you but a glass of wine is good for you and the 104 YO lady in eastern Europe credits whiskey for her longevity. Tobacco is bad for you, period! I'll take my chances with all the above plus lump charcoal minus tobacco.

Didn't read don't care going to die from something, I'll bet processed food will kill you before cooking on a charcoal grill. Just poured me a good 3oz of Wild Turkey 101, I'm sure that's not good for me either but I'm still going to drink it. :heh:

Didn't read don't care going to die from something, I'll bet processed food will kill you before cooking on a charcoal grill. Just poured me a good 3oz of Wild Turkey 101, I'm sure that's not good for me either but I'm still going to drink it. :heh:

I bet the alcohol in the Bourbon, will counteract the chemicals in the charcoal. I think I better go pour me another.

I don’t believe gas will effect you but the chemicals they put in it to make it stink probably will. :becky:

Not surprised by the answer. That said, what we are cooking is usually the bigger health risk I suspect than the fuel source. “Good news! Pork belly on a gasser is healthy! Now pass me another beer.”

I've heard that charcoal tablets help with the gas.

What a poorly written article. Just bad. Meat fat that drips on a hot surface and vaporizes into carcinogens is not a function of the heat source. It’s a function of meat proximity to said heat source. In other words if you use a charcoal grill indirect and compare to a gas grill with direct heat the charcoal is healthier. If you use both indirect then both are the same from a PCH PAH perspective. Considering most gas grills are setup for very short distances between flame and meat I would rank them as the more harmful.

3oz might kill me, because I'll be so pissed off you only poured me 3oz that I'm likely to stroke out. Pour me 6oz (at a time) and I might live forever . . . .

Im confused- should I cook my Romaine Lettuce over gas or charcoal

Im confused- should I cook my Romaine Lettuce over gas or charcoal
Both, before throwing it out.
Just read that beef should be cooked well done to kill e coli. I guess cancer later is better than food poisoning now?

Something is going to kill ya. Might as well be something you like...

VR,
Harold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back