• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I Love Eggs, how do you peel them.

Titch

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
We use lots of eggs as sides etc .
Peeling when boiled is always an adventure in our houshold.
Do any of you have a sure fired peeling tip?
Any of you have a stunning egg side?
Our eggs are sourced freeranging ,usually from a ma and pa little farm.

I use a large pot with a steamer basket, 13 minutes of steam plunge eggs into large bowl with ice and water let cool down. Eggs peel very easy

Similar method, boil for ten minutes then plunge into ice water.

Thread here: https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3985875&postcount=19

Get a pot of water to a rolling boil.
Remove eggs from refrigerator and lower them into water with a slotted spoon.
Boil for 10 min.
Turn off fire and rest for 8-10 min.
Pour off water and fill pot with COLD water.
Rest for 5 min.
Drain, then shake pot to crack eggs.
90% + easy peel.
Sometimes the shell just slips right off.

ive done every trick possible and they all work some of the time. That was until I got an instant pot. Every egg that comes out of that thing is the easiest egg to peel. Its worth the 100 bucks just for eggs.

+1 for the instant pot. 3 minutes gives you soft boiled, 4 gives you medium and 5 gives you hard boiled. Easiest eggs you will ever peel, Everytime.

After the eggs have been cooked and cooled, while slightly covered with cold water, shake the pot to crack the eggs, the water will help to keep the inner membrane viscous and the shell will slide off 90% of the time. You may get a rare stubborn one, but just let it sit in the water a little longer and it will free itself.

I also start my peel from the larger end of the egg where the air bubble was. Once the membrane is lubricated with water it's an easy peel.

Excellent Article by Thermoworks on Hard Boiled Eggs

See Item 4 on Pg 9 - Steaming.

Attachments

• Eggs - The Best Hard Boiled Eggs (1).pdf
    745.7 KB · Views: 63
I always cook mine in my Instant Pot. I've tried other methods, but they peel the easiest this way. Just roll on the counter to break the shell and it peels off in two big pieces.

Another vote for the instant pot. Of all the methods I have tried, the instant pot is the most consistent and makes eggs easiest to peel.

I just Tell my Wife to do it......... ......................So we don’t get eggs very often........
I Wish we had Deviled Eggs more than twice a year.

+1 for the instant pot. 3 minutes gives you soft boiled, 4 gives you medium and 5 gives you hard boiled. Easiest eggs you will ever peel, Everytime.

I literally cook mine for 1 minute and theyre past soft boiled

I literally cook mine for 1 minute and theyre past soft boiled

Not sure what to say. Maybe it is an elevation issue? I skipped lunch, and was starving, so I threw some in , just to show. These are 2 minutes eggs. In my opinion, they are just under soft boiled, but I like them, a little runny. I put them on a rack in the instant pot, added a cup of water, pressed the steam button, set for 2 minutes, did a quick release, and plunged eggs into ice water, peeled, added Qsalt, and devoured.

Attachments

• softboiledegg.jpg
    softboiledegg.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 110
  • saltedeggs.jpg
    saltedeggs.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 112
If they’re hard to peel, usually, it’s because they’re overdone.
If your yolk has grey on the outside it’s overdone, and considered unacceptable to serve.

Put your eggs in the pot with your cold tap water.
Bring to boil and remove from heat
Let sit in hot water ten minutes.
Transfer to ice bath.
Peel when cool.

Back