• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

RVing with the Grocery Cart

Thatgrimguy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I pulled the Grocery Cart over to the KOA in New Orleans!! Made it safely this time, thank God! I took a picture as I came up to the bridge where the trailer disconnected last time! I have to admit I was a little nervous. But she did just fine!

54A2C362-56AA-4A95-8924-DA172336971C_zpsznoxfrrb.jpg

I brought my Shirley (The Grocery Cart) and cooked for anyone willing to eat! I'm in love with this cooker!

First got me a good fire rolling

7414D390-0675-4929-9E0A-0C96CD1B3666_zpsm3denm50.jpg

Then added a CAB Prime Brisket.

8217DB4A-F875-45DE-B2D2-43FB2DC861CF_zpswdyfchyl.jpg

Let that roll for a while and wrapped it after 5 hours - per Bludawg method

13602577-715B-49CE-ACA7-A00B687AEAB0_zpsvoveggnj.jpg

Some wind closed the firebox door on my arm!! OUCH

15BB46E0-07A0-498B-AE42-467864B48BCA_zpstisnmxeh.jpg

Went ahead and threw some ribs on!

DF54FE2A-0C7C-4B0F-AD56-9E4DEA003C40_zpsdm3gfixv.jpg

Enjoying the day!

7F4EC588-FF33-4390-AC42-5D430A3F6AE0_zpsilourhe1.jpg

And it was GREAT!!!

A6EDCAF0-CE55-4072-BFC3-AFAC16649FC6_zpshqmznq46.jpg

Looks good, except for the burn..
That a Yeti tumbler in the background? I was looking at one - any good for coffee? I have read that the lid leaks...

Looks good, except for the burn..
That a Yeti tumbler in the background? I was looking at one - any good for coffee? I have read that the lid leaks...

I have one of each size for the yeti. I LOVE them. Only problem with coffee is you better put it in the cup at the temp you want to drink it!! I've burned myself on hour old coffee before! I've never had leaks from any of the tops on my cups.

RTIC does sell the exact same cup as the big yeti for half the price. https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/drinkware/RTIC-Tumbler-30-oz

Beautiful set up Grimguy! I can imagine how good that food smells. You're going to be the most popular guy at the RV parks!! :thumb: :-D

Glad you got your rig back all fixed up. Looks like you are having a fine day. (Except the burn, I got one too.)

Jack

Damn, as heavy as that door must be, were you Q'ing in a tornado? Love the color of that brisket pre-wrap...

Thanks everyone! I had fun getting the chance to just sit by the cooker and play with the fire. It's different without 300lbs of meat in her!! I have a lot to learn using the Shirley for sure. But so far everything that has come off her has been amazing! The flavor is hands down superior to my Green Egg.

@Paul... I'm telling you. I haven't fired her up once yet where I haven't burned myself somehow! I have to stop grabbing the racks with my bare hands and pulling them out!

Brisket looks fantastic and I wouldn't mind a couple of those sausages :biggrin1:

You will probably relive that day many times before it becomes a distant memory. Your post and pictures are surely making the wait for mine pretty tough. Keep us updated on your new Shirley.

You didn't have Paul/Tyler put leveling jacks on that smoker? :grin:
Nice looking setup!

Back