• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Finally finishing the smoker!

Muscrat

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Well I finally got back from working hurricane sandy in New York and have started back on the cooker. I worked on it the last 2 days and Tuesday its headed off to the powder coater. The box and chamber will be ceramic coated and the trailer and boxes will be powder coated. I couldn't stand it I had to build a fire in it tonight. The insulated box is the bomb diggity!!
After 3 hrs the outside of the box finally was around 135°.
Will post pics in a few of the fire.

Off to the powder coater. In the rain, makes me wanna throw up seeing it get rained on but they said it didn't matter cause it'll get sand blasted anyway.

View attachment 74321

Last edited:
Thanks. I've been working on it since June on and off.
Next to come is a back hard model. Same cooker design just smaller. AND it will have an insulated box also.

Awesome build! Can't wait to see it all purdified!

Will that rig make it to Des Moines? I would love to see it in person. Great build and thanks for showing us.

Will that rig make it to Des Moines? I would love to see it in person. Great build and thanks for showing us.
Sorry it took me so long to respond.
I hope so, it's all new except the tires. I'm pretty excited about it. The coater said he was gonna try and have it done friday. I ordered a tel-tru thermo that glows in the dark and the stuff for the keg today. So this saturday if I get it back we gonna cook everything in it possible. There is a cook off here on superbowl weekend and we want to give it a test drive.

As soon as I get it home I'll post some pics.

Looks very nice.
Does an insulated fire box make much of a difference when its warm outside(summer)
cheers.
Titch

Looks very nice.
Does an insulated fire box make much of a difference when its warm outside(summer)
cheers.
Titch
yes, fire managment make life easier..brings consumption down and on a hot day the fire box that is insulated will not super heat the surrounding area..how many times were you in a grassy area and everything around was burned up and also you could not stand near it..

Looks good, Sir! Looks like something I'd like to build-just a BIT smaller scale!

Back