Enclosed Trailer Question/

Sawdustguy

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Haulmark doesn't do plumbing at their factory in Mc Adoo, Pa. I need to add a water inlet and outlet to the outside of my Trailer. Anyone install a water inlet to the outside of an enclosed trailer? Do you screw it to the siding or all the way through to the 3/8" interior plywood?
I pick up the trailer a week from this Saturday.

Good link smoker. Guy, when you lay this plumbing out, remember that it freezes in the winter where you live. Plan it so you can completely drain everything with as little effort as possible. I used a fifth wheel travel trailer when I worked construction. Frozen plumbing was a given, every spring when I took it out of storage for the next season.

If you have questions go to a camper place, I know they can help.

Find a camper/RV place that sells parts. They usually have a catalog from a supplier that you can have. It is full of parts and pieces to do just about anything you want. To answer your question specifically, there is a self contained plastic trim box for the water inlet. You simply cut the aluminum sheeting and screw it in place. It will self trim to hide the screws. The outlet would be just underneath the trailer as it needs to be at the lowest point to drain properly.

I wish I could think of the midwest supply house that sells to many of the dealers. I have their catalog in my office. It's full of this stuff in the plumbing section. If you don't find what you need, shoot me a private message.

Rod

This link has an example -

https://www.rvpartsoutlet.com/newst...631&refid=86A9E6E0-DC4D-4930-8CDEDE5085B91219

As far as freezing , you drain the system and add some R V antifreeze ( non-toxic )to keep your pipes from freezing and bursting.

Where are those new smoker pix????

Spice

backyardchef said:
I was wondering the same thing....

And I was wondering when we were going to get to see Large Marge unwrapped?

:icon_blush: That's a little personal, Chris...

I hope to get some pics up tomorrow, maybe thursday...:oops:

The pics are coming. I built a ramp but am hesitant to try rolling it off myself. Phil will give me a hand on Friday.

backyardchef said:
While Phil's clapping what will you be doing......
lifting it out of the yard where the wheels sank...

ique said:
And I was wondering when we were going to get to see Large Marge unwrapped?

Oh, I saw large Marge unwrapped. I was so excited I sprayed all over her. :eek:

Vegetable oil boys, vegetable oil.

Cmon Guy - let's see the pics!

We renamed her Spicey. So be nice to Spicey because she is gonna make me so very nice que.

kcpellethead said:
Find a camper/RV place that sells parts. They usually have a catalog from a supplier that you can have. It is full of parts and pieces to do just about anything you want. To answer your question specifically, there is a self contained plastic trim box for the water inlet. You simply cut the aluminum sheeting and screw it in place. It will self trim to hide the screws. The outlet would be just underneath the trailer as it needs to be at the lowest point to drain properly.

I wish I could think of the midwest supply house that sells to many of the dealers. I have their catalog in my office. It's full of this stuff in the plumbing section. If you don't find what you need, shoot me a private message.

Rod

This link has an example -

https://www.rvpartsoutlet.com/newstore/nojava/showprod.cfm?ID=1631&refid=86A9E6E0%2DDC4D%2D4930%2D8CDEDE5085B91219

I got all the stuff I needed for water supply, pump, tanks, heater, lines and so on at my local RV dealer. Lots of good advice also. PM me if you would like pics of the system.

Back