Wheels and Squeals Roll Call

fatguyputter

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well as they say, "I'm a long time listener (reader), first time caller (poster)". As well as a newbie to the BBQ competitions. We, "Fat Guy and the Burnt Ends", are making the Wheels and Squeals contest in Olathe our first competition. I was hoping to get an idea as to how many of the Brethren were going to be present. With months of reading I feel like I already know some of you.

At any rate, any tips for the rookies would be appreciated. Thanks.

Can anyone give me an idea for how camp would be most appropriately set up. We have 2 WSM, one Hasty Bake, and an custom off set. I would assume all smokers would be placed outside of the canopies--but smoker placement would be a question? How many tables do people use?
What is a good number of coolers considering, raw meat, holding cooler, beverage cooler, water coolers, turn-in boxes, etc.? How do you heat your water for dishwashing and such? Thanks in advance.

There is a thread going right now about what to bring for your first comp and there is already some answers to your questions posted. The originator for the thread is "watg" (Who are those guys) bbq comp team. They have a book out now that is written for someone like you. It will shave off about three years of trial and error and a lot of heartache and back ache!

"site set up tips to share" is the name of the thread. It's on the same page as your thread is.

Back