BBQ Brethren Throwdown - "Chicken Breast"

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This weeks category is...

[SIZE=+2]"Chicken Breast"[/SIZE]
chicken3.jpg

Anonymous Photo

This week The Pickled Pig has chosen Chicken Breast!

Here is the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown which we follow every week!

1) The item must be either Grilled or Smoked.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown week ( 7/6 - 7/12 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by 9pm Central on 7/13.
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

The voting will begin by Tuesday 7/14 after I submit the "Vote" thread and voting will close on Sunday 7/19. All votes will be public.

Next weeks category will be decided by the winner of the Casseroles throwdown, thirdeye!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Chicken Spiedini

Since I picked the category I figured I should enter a dish.

Take a chicken breast and pound it down to 1/4" thickness with a tenderizer.

2.jpg

Trim it to a fairly rectangular shape. Dip the chicken in a melted butter and EVOO wash and then bread it with Italian bread crumbs, fresh parsley, lemon zest, and minced garlic.

5.jpg

Add a few slices of prosciutto and roll it up like a fatty.

6.jpg

Slice into 1" thick pieces.

7.jpg

Grill it over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side.

9.jpg

Let it rest.

10.jpg

Serve with fettucini alfredo and toped with some fresh Italian parsley and shredded parmesan cheese.

12.jpg

Chicken breast stuffed with prosciutto, provolone and fresh basil with a garlic and herb tomato sauce.
Grilling
IMG_3442.jpg

Resting
IMG_3456.jpg

Plated
IMG_3466.jpg

Here is a 7 oz butterflied chicken breast grilled and topped with my BBQ sauce, cheese, chopped green onion, chopped tomatoes, chopped bacon, and ranch dressing to top it off.
012.jpg

:)
Mike W.

Here is my entry. Chicken breast stuffed with a mixture of cream cheese, Spanish olives, roasted red peppers, garlic, salt and pepper. Stuffed in a slit, along the side of the breast, that is lined with Italian Cappicolo. The breasts were then rubbed with Plowboy's Yardbird Rub and wrapped with Maple flavored Bacon. Please use the last pic for the entry. Thank you.
food14.jpg

food23.jpg

food27.jpg

For my chicken breast Throwdown entry, I had a grilled chicken Cesar salad in mind, and Mrs ~t~ wanted it to have a slight Mexican flair. I started with a whole boneless breast and seasoned it with Rudy's Rub and some Texas Red Dog chili powder. The basic salad was kicked up with some radish, parmesan cheese, avocado and seasoned tortilla strips.

Here it is on the cooker. Please make this shot my entry.

DSC08280a.jpg

And, here it is in the bowl.​

DSC08296a.jpg

Wampus's Entry

OK......mine is going to pale by comparison, but I have been wanting to enter a throwdown for a while and it just-so-happens that I grilled some chicken boobies on Saturday sooooo..............

I bought 10 bone-in chicken breasts from our local market/butcher. These are FRESH chicken breasts. Since I discovered these about 10 years ago, these are by far the best chicken breasts I've ever eaten.

Rubbed with Plowboy's Yardbird.....
IMG_2953.jpg

Direct grilled on high heat for about 40 minutes bone-side-down and then flipped for the last 4-5 minutes.

Pulled just as the juice ran clear....
IMG_2954.jpg

^^^PLEASE USE THE ABOVE PHOTO FOR MY OFFICIAL ENTRY PHOTO^^^

At the lake with the family......everybody loves chicken!!!!
IMG_2955.jpg

MMMMMMmmmmmmmmm..........
IMG_2956.jpg

:mrgreen::biggrin::mrgreen::biggrin::mrgreen::biggrin::mrgreen:

That last photo is wonderful.....

:biggrin:

Yeah....that's my favorite one too.
The chicken looks burnt, but just the bottom gets charred (bones) and the breast is OH SO JUICY!! I really GOTTA work on my photography and plating to be any kinda competition on the throwdown, I know.

But....had fun watching the kids DETROY it!!!:biggrin:

Back