Shipping a pit

ique

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I'm planning on taking delivery on a new Jambo Pit in December. I may just drive down and pick it up but want to look at all the options. One option is getting it shipped to Boston from Fort Worth.

I don't think Jamie has done this before. Anyone have experience shipping a pit up to the Northeast? I know Klose ships pits pretty often. I got one quote so far that was over $1000.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or leads on this.

I got one quote so far that was over $1000.

Ouch!

Hope you enjoy your new Jambo Pit as much as I'm enjoying your "old" pits..."The Twins"...

No experience on shipping pits that size other than picking up yours at Harvard.... which was not a bad experience mud and all...but definately not that distance or that time of year...

Good luck!

Hope to see your new pit up close sometime soon...

Best wishes to you at the Jack!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Do you have access to a loading dock? If yes, the delivery may be much less than if quoted to the curb

Or another less expensive option to home delivery is to have it shipped to a trucking terminal near you.

I had something shipped to me over the summer and I picked it up at the Roadways' terminal 15 minutes from my house. They forklifted the pallet right into the back of my truck.

Yeah, i was interested in buying a Klose pit, a similar one to the family reunion in size, and the shipping to mid-mo was quoted at $1200. I ended up buying a large spice instead.

Just got a quote on an open trailer for $790 door to door. I'm worried about them scratching it or farking it up somehow though

Thanks for the feedback guys will check out the terminal idea.

chris... i posted an ad here to ship my trailer after the Royal to Lynchburg for the Jack.

Had several quotes within a few days. some were to tow it, other would flatbed it.. Everyone was bonded, insured, etc.. Give it a shot.

Back