Rib Eye and Salmon on the Goldens' Cast Iron

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
A Brazilian Meat Market opened recently near home. Their meats looked exceptional and I was anxious to give their Rib Eye a try. The butcher cut two nice looking steaks which would be the basis of today's Sunday Dinner.

I was in the mood for a Surf n Turf, the seafood side of the meal was a nice piece of Salmon from Wegman's.

Today's Menu:

Rib Eye and Salmon
Grilled Baby Bella Mushrooms
Roasted Cauliflower w/ Balsamic
Teriyaki Rice

The Rib Eyes and Salmon -

I fired up the Goldens', set up for indirect with a reverse sear at the end. The mushrooms started out there, but I needed more room so the Weber was called into action for the 'shrooms -

Steaks and Salmon on the cool side of the Goldens'. The hot side of the grill has the grate placed legs up to be closer to the fire -

After 7 or 8 minutes indirect the steaks are flipped -

And after another few minutes, they're onto the hot side of the grill for a reverse sear -

With inspiration from @cowgirl, the salmon got some lemon slices, though I did remove them when I flipped the salmon over to get some grill marks on the flesh side -

Plated -

Rare, just the way the Mrs and I prefer our steaks -

Thanks for checking out this post and today's dinner!

Regards,
-lunchman

That is a fantastic Tutorial and picture show!

WOW! I bet it tasted even Better than it looked!

I'm about everything on that plate especially the proteins, as always well done.

That's a great cook Dom.

Thanks Marty!

That is a fantastic Tutorial and picture show!

WOW! I bet it tasted even Better than it looked!

Thanks, it did taste pretty darn good.

I failed to mention that the Rib Eyes were seasoned with a splash of Worcestershire, followed by Oakridge BBQ Carne Crosta Steakhouse Rub. There hasn't been a single one of their products from the sample pack I purchased that I haven't liked.

For anyone interested in seeing how a Goldens' Cast Iron is made -

Every so often I check out the Facebook page for Goldens' Cast Iron (even though I'm not on FB) just to see what the company is up to and what events they're hosting or attending. I found mention of this upcoming show on Science Channel.

How It's Made

Ever wonder how the toughest cooker on earth is made?

Thu March 28 2019 10:30 pm ET
Sun March 31 2019 12:30 pm ET

DVR is set. I've always been interested to see how my cooker was made. Should be interesting...

Is there any other way to cook a steak but to rare... no!

Dang you nailed it brother!

Back