Hamburger Helper

Norm

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Two oldest grandsons are still hanging out with me, apparently you need to feed them 3 times a day!

Hamburger helper is what we feed his dad so when they asked for it tonight I wasn't surprised. Rainy day here so keeping them entertained is a challenge!

Made a beef broth from soup bones that needed used.

i-S9j5465-XL.jpg

Into a pot of water and simmer for the afternoon.

i-vLnQSjW-XL.jpg

Raided the hen house for some eggs. Some olive oil, 3 eggs, corn flour and bread flour mixed.

i-krvS3Pp-XL.jpg

A nekkid beef fatty on the PBC until browned.

i-npNmS76-X2.jpg

Apparently a pasta machine is more fun than the Ipad... :)

What helped a bunch was treating the beef like a fatty although it was raw inside but had a nice char on the outside when I pulled it. Browned some onions, added the beef and broth. Some roux and cooked until the noodles were done.

i-xMsVRxV-XL.jpg

Wasn't too bad but I doubt I'll make it again. :)

That's next level hamburger helper Norm, it looks great especially on a cold rainy day I'd love some of that!

It's not the food, It's the company!!!!!!

Can't beat time with the grands!

1/2 of our grandkids are coming up tomorrow to visit while on spring break. Thawed out a brisket for them to cook!

Nice work Norm, the homemade pasta definitely put the dish over the top.

Looks great Norm, brown some hamburger meat in the skillet, nah, lets do a Hamburger Fatty :-D

It's the Brethren way. :thumb:

I will agree that yours isn't like any HH I have ever had. Nice that it was all from scratch, mine was always from a box. You win!

Sometimes my wife doesn't want to look after me for the day, do you need a 34 year old grandson? :wacko:
That looks way better than the HH my dad used to make. What's the corn:wheat flour ratio?

Looks good! I was scared by the title. I grew up eating that crap 1 or 2 times a week.
:puke:

Sometimes my wife doesn't want to look after me for the day, do you need a 34 year old grandson? :wacko:
That looks way better than the HH my dad used to make. What's the corn:wheat flour ratio?

It's 3 eggs, 1 C flour 1 C corn flour and a tbsp of olive oil.

Thanks everyone!

Back