MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 01:33 PM   #1
Mark In The Pit
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Pit Boss Kamado Full User Review (Video) 22"

YouTube Video Link:

Hi Guys,

I put together a video with a walk through of the Pit Boss Kamado. I took a bunch of measurements and gave some of my opinions on things. I hope this helps someone in making a purchase decision if they are on the fence.

I do not work for and am in no way associated or affiliated with any grill manufacturer. I am just a grill enthusiast trying to give a full honest review of a product that I really happen to enjoy. I have not been offered any compensation for this review and it is of my own free will. If you have any questions that are not answered in this video please feel free to ask. I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.

Now for some specs.

Grill height: approximately 46” tall with the lid down
Grill width with shelf’s out: approximately 54”
Grill base width: 22”
Grill grate: 19.5” wide
Grate metal thickness: 4.8mm thick
Heat deflector thickness: 19.3mm thick
1 solid piece firebox: 24.25mm thick
Cast iron charcoal grate in the fire box.
Caster wheels: 3” diameter.

Cons:

Lower grill grate flips up (personal preference) making it feel unsteady when sitting in place. I don’t intend on ever adding coals mid cook or extra wood. I also don’t care for the nubs in the grate hinge getting in the way of searing a steak.
Heat deflector is not included.
Bottom grate appears to be intended to sit directly on the heat deflector.
After a few initial uses some of the screws, nuts and bolts loosen up but are easy to adjust.
Lower vent is not air tight but can be easily modified.

Pros:

Price
Build quality.
Second tier grate is nice to have but I haven’t had a need / opportunity to use it.
Shelf’s are included.
Stand is included.
Large solid caster wheels for moving around. They also lock into place if needed.
Thermostat seems accurate up to 400 degrees.
Steady holding temps.

Thanks from:--->

Closed Thread

Tags
Kamado, Pit Boss, review, User