• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

2011 Turkey * Turkey * Turkey *** Thanksgiving Pron on the Cooker

Midnight Smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I wanted to add another Turkey Thread, cause we did not have enough.

I know around our house it can get a little crazy and taking lots of Pictures can throw things out of process. Got to feed the hungry heard. :wink:

If you want to participate just snap a Pic or two of your Turkey's while still on the cooker, that's it! No need to Carve, Plate, Explain or prepare.

Just post your best looking Bird right before it goes to it's final destination.

*** Briefly Add what Wood you used (if Any), the Birds weight and how long the Turkey was on the Cooker ***

I am hoping a lot of you all will add your best, it would be interesting to see all your work's of Art..

I also want to wish each of you a safe and Great Thanksgiving Holiday

How's this?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-11-23 at 1.34.43 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-11-23 at 1.34.43 PM.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 578
This bird is just seconds off the smoker. Hope that still counts! It's one of five I did this year.

turk.jpg

Mine off the cooker too. I cut it into 4 pieces and used live oak and hickory for smoke.

Also used (Indianagriller) JT's sweet heat BBQ rub and SM season all and pecan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322100300.051127.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322100300.051127.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 461
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322100346.904292.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322100346.904292.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 461
Last edited by a moderator:
Since I cannot edit my original post and not sure why I limited it to the Cooker.

Please feel free to post your Best Turkey Pic's here. If it is on the Cooker or whatever.

My turkey came out nice and juicy and tender but I am struggling to enjoy it because it does not remind me of T-day turkey. My dad will be loving it. (Sidenote I will only use 1/2 the smoke wood next time, while this bird is not in any way overly smoked, I think less smoke would make it absolutely perfect!)

My turkey came out nice and juicy and tender but I am struggling to enjoy it because it does not remind me of T-day turkey. My dad will be loving it. (Sidenote I will only use 1/2 the smoke wood next time, while this bird is not in any way overly smoked, I think less smoke would make it absolutely perfect!)

I know what you mean, over smoked food is not a good thing. Done it myself!

Poultry does take on smoke much easier than say a Brisket or Pork Shoulder. I am doing one on the Egg and will use very little wood.

This was supposed to be rotisserie, but due to a farkin malfunction at the 11th hour, it didn't happen. I popped a couple of grates into the drip pan and smoked it off with a couple of chunks of Australian pine last night any dang way...
smokedturkey2.jpg

Here's my bird. Pre-brined, smoked at around 350 over oak and apple. Drippings held for gravy, coolered right now.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention, 15 lb bird, about 4 hours on the pit, cooked to 178 St the deepest part of the thigh, 165 breast.

I think it is a great picture, Terry. What a beautiful color you got that bird to be! Looks amazing! :thumb:

Back