MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:57 AM   #16
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : George

Very Nice and enjoy Looking forward to more pron
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #17
Parruthead
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by criffaaa1 View Post
congrats on the new cooker, see ya didn't waste anytime breaking it in.
Actually we've owned it since the last week of February. But this is just thr forst nice weekend of spring up here.
1- 84" Lang wide Body, 1-22.5" WSM,4-18.5" WSM's 1-UDS with custom cart, #2 La Caja China 2- Weber Performers, 2-22.5" Weber OTS 1-18" Weber OTS 2-Orion Cookers, 1-8' Event Gasser,
1- Terracotta pig and 1-Terracotta Elephant and [B]One very understanding wife[/B]...
Parruthead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2013, 08:07 AM   #18
MJ_Tenn
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Michael

I'm a new member of the Lang family and I know you're gonna love it! Welcome aboard...

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-28-2013, 08:30 AM   #19
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Congrats and nice weapon!

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous BBQ - "Walk with Us"

My weapons: Humphrey's Smokers
big brother smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #20
1911Ron
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Ron

Nice rig! I see you have been to an Appleseed!

Old 04-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #21
PaPaQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Clyde

Congrats on the Lang!
PaPaQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #22
jmoney7269
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parruthead View Post
Well i've had about two naps of 1 hour each since midnight.

At 3 am i loaded it with buttts n briskets. Just went out to check it now

And its settled in at 250 and sizzling right along! And te fueled

This thing is more of as fuel hog that a 22.5" wsm in winter...lol
That's what happens when you go to that side! Gotta feed them horses (grill space) wether you use it or not! I will stay with 10 lbs of lump and 2 chunks for 8 hrs of cooking in the vault @300-325. I hope your not feedig that thing charcoal! Them things gotta eat trees! Lol
Nice pit fo Sho
jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #23
Parruthead
Full Fledged Farker

Well it turned out ok. I only used red oak for smoke and fuel. Everyone who ate it said it was good, But being my own worse critic I thought the food had a bit of a bitter taste..

Here are some pictures of the finished products and of my guests eating.. I didn't get any pictures of the Brisket or the Ribs or Chicken cut up so you could see the smoke ring.

The ABT's and My variation of Keri C's Drunken baked beans were a crowd pleaser!!

1- 84" Lang wide Body, 1-22.5" WSM,4-18.5" WSM's 1-UDS with custom cart, #2 La Caja China 2- Weber Performers, 2-22.5" Weber OTS 1-18" Weber OTS 2-Orion Cookers, 1-8' Event Gasser,
1- Terracotta pig and 1-Terracotta Elephant and [B]One very understanding wife[/B]...
Parruthead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #24
jmoney7269
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parruthead View Post
Well it turned out ok. I only used red oak for smoke and fuel. Everyone who ate it said it was good, But being my own worse critic I thought the food had a bit of a bitter taste..
The food pron looks good!
Just a few tips for you that hopefully will get you the results your looking for
Try to keep a small clean burning fire rather than a large oxygen deprived fire.
Make sure your wood is completely seasoned. Stay away from bark on wood. It's easy to pop off with a ax. Preheat your wood on the firebox, and keep the exhaust 100% open. Adjust your intakes to give you hardly any smoke coming out if the exhaust you just wanna see clean heat coming out of your stack. O would start with all intakes open and progressively close them down. Try to find some post oak, live oak, and pecan go 3:1 oak/pecan since pecan doesn't make good coals. Good luck on future cooks. Your not gonna get away from adding fuel every 45-60 min, it's a stick burner. Practice practice practice
jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote