• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Which stoker for 3 smokers?

Anchors Smokeshop

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I want to purchase a stoker that I can use with my 3 smokers (2 18" WSM's and a UDS) and I was wondering which system could be used with my 3 smokers, Rock's Stoker or Guru's DigiQ?
Not concerned with the price, just want to be able to monitor the meat temp and pit temp in 3 smokers all at once.
Any advice and recommendations are appreciated.

I know 2 cooking teams that have run Gurus without problem for years. And i know one team that has gone through a couple of power supplies and whatnot for the Stoker, and he has a "backup Stoker". Just my observation. I think I've decided between the 2.

call john at stoker I have a stoker and run 3 ugly drums john at stoker will hook you up

If you want to manage temps (food and cooker) on that many smokers with one unit you will need either the Stoker or the CyberQ.

I run my 3 wsm with a stoker for about 4 years now. Havent had a single problem. The only thing i dont use are the meat probes as I do not monitor internal temps of meat.

The guru can't handle 3 pits. So you will want to get a stoker unless you want to buy multiple gurus.

Thing is, you can just about buy 3 NanoQ's for what you'd pay for one Stoker. That's swaying me. Just not sure how to adapt my Weber 22.5 kettle for the fan.

Thing is, you can just about buy 3 NanoQ's for what you'd pay for one Stoker. That's swaying me. Just not sure how to adapt my Weber 22.5 kettle for the fan.

then you have to deal with 3 separate controllers, on the stoker i name each cooker with the corresponding meat thats on it. easy to keep track of

then you have to deal with 3 separate controllers, on the stoker i name each cooker with the corresponding meat thats on it. easy to keep track of

But if one fails, I've still got 2 working units. If the Stoker fails...

But if one fails, I've still got 2 working units. If the Stoker fails...

like i said i have yet to experience any problems with it in over 4 years . if that were to happen then i would go old school and open the bottom vents :becky:

like i said i have yet to experience any problems with it in over 4 years . if that were to happen then i would go old school and open the bottom vents :becky:

I get what you're saying.

I guess I'm leery because I grew up working in my Dad's TV repair shop, and remember those huge wooden 3 in 1 entertainment units with a 25 in tv, an AM FM radio, and turn table. They were really popular, and I worked on hundreds of them (mostly Magnavox's). When one thing would fail, the whole thing usually wouldn't work.

Back