Chili Cook Off with Third Eyes Green Chili

DavidEHickey

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well we had our annual Bengals / Browns Chili cook off at the Shamrock Club. I've actually won it a majority of 8 or 9 years we have been doing it. I wanted to try something different this year so I tried Third Eyes Green Chili recipe. Since I was doing Green Chili the wife decided to use my old recipe and submit an entry. I also decided to experiment and entered a 3rd pot of Chili. I bought the 2 alarm seasoning mix were you mix 2 pounds of ground beef a can of tomatos, can of beans and seasoning. Well the wifes Chili won 1st place, the cheap chili made from seasoning pack won 2nd place "go figure" and Third eyes chili came in 4th place. So over all not bad 3 out of the top 4 spots! I was told by one of the judges that Third Eyes recipe probably would have won but it was too hot. He said after tasting it his nose started running. I think 10 or 12 Serrano peppers would be about perfect. I put 15 or 16 in. I know it never happened without pictures best I could do was my cell phone and its not the best but its all I got!

Attachments

• chilicookoff2009.jpg
    chilicookoff2009.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 123
DUDE! 15 or 16 Serrano's? WOW. I mean, I like it hot, but DAAAAAYYYYYAAAAMMMM.

That sounds about right maybe a little on the light side. If you not sweating :-D by the time you get the first spoon full to your lips it not hot.

Back