MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #16
Chezmatt
Full Fledged Farker

Amazon.com has the Imusa pot for $20 right now. It's called the Imusa 32-qt. Aluminum Tamale Steamer.
22.5" WSM (x2) /[COLOR=Orange][B] Orange [/B][/COLOR]& [B]Black [/B]Mini-WSM / Lion gas grill / [COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]Green[/B][/COLOR] Weber Performer / [COLOR="Red"][B]Red[/B][/COLOR] & [COLOR="gold"][B] Gold [/B][/COLOR] Mini-WSM / XL Big Green Egg
Chezmatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #17
Riverside BBQ
On the road to being a farker

Can someone tell me what the IMUSA measures across, in case my local Wallyworld doesn't have that brand?

Thanks

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Walt[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT]
Riverside BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2011, 02:44 PM   #18
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

Outside diameter of the bottom of the IMUSA pot is 13 3/4". If you find one in Chinamart, take it to the grill section and see if it fits a Smokey Joe they should have on display.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #19
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chezmatt View Post
Amazon.com has the Imusa pot for $20 right now. It's called the Imusa 32-qt. Aluminum Tamale Steamer.
You have to be careful with the IMUSA pots since some are made in China and some in Columbia. The Columbia made ones won't fit properly.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #20
Chezmatt
Full Fledged Farker

The one on Amazon should be from China. That's where I got mine for my build.
22.5" WSM (x2) /[COLOR=Orange][B] Orange [/B][/COLOR]& [B]Black [/B]Mini-WSM / Lion gas grill / [COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]Green[/B][/COLOR] Weber Performer / [COLOR="Red"][B]Red[/B][/COLOR] & [COLOR="gold"][B] Gold [/B][/COLOR] Mini-WSM / XL Big Green Egg
Chezmatt is offline   Reply With Quote