pictures from comp in clarksville

big blue bbq

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Well, I got done cooking, back from vacation and got to spend my first night in my new house last night. What a week and a half.

Here are some pics from the comp at the Clarksville, TN fair competition.

Attachments

• DSCF0053.jpg
    DSCF0053.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCF0055.jpg
    DSCF0055.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCF0045(1).jpg
    DSCF0045(1).jpg
    86 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCF0041(1).jpg
    DSCF0041(1).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCF0057.jpg
    DSCF0057.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 121
Nice pictures....thanks for sharing! Looks like you had a good time....

Were you at Lawrenceburg TN also?
Nice pics. I know you didn't ask for comments on your boxes, but it looks like you have the fat cap up on your slices in your box. I've heard a few judges mention that they like a little fat on the brisket and I'm wondering how it scored for you? Looks like you have a nice, pretty smoke ring but it's on the bottom. Either way, looks pretty tasty :grin:

Looks like you guys had fun and placed, thanks for sharing.

Nice pics! Did you place? How did you do on the brisket?

Whats Kickin Chicken? Thanks for the pics. Have you recovered from all the excitement yet. Contest-Vacation-Moving either one alone is enough to stress you out much less all three! Glad your back. Are you doing Lebanon? Whats next?

I placed 9th in brisket and 7th in pork. I will try to put the fat side down on the brisket for turnin next time to see if the appearance points go up any. Thanks for the suggestions. Usually chicken is a good item for us, but we were next to last at this one. Don't know what happened. I did not glaze the sauce because the skin looked like it would fall off if I tried, maybe that was it.

I am still moving but very slow. I have one comp in Cape Girardeau Mo in August with my dad and then Opryland in September. I don't know if I will be able to squeeze anymore in this year. I will try to stop by Lebanon and see how you guys are doing. I need another vacation. Going to Louisville today and Orlando next Tuesday. Both are work and not fun. :-(

Back