BBQ Brethren "Summer of SPAM" Throwdown!

Do you like SPAM?

• I DON'T LIKE SPAM!!!

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!

Votes: 58 54.2%
  • As long as it doesn't have very much SPAM in it.

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • Lemon Curry?

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a feeling this Throwdown could be epic.:thumb:

Yep, It's gonna last as long as it takes to read "War and Peace".

It shoudl be sufficient time for someone to make one SPAM entry, and then recover enough constitution to make a second one before the cutoff time.

It shoudl be sufficient time for someone to make one SPAM entry, and then recover enough constitution to make a second one before the cutoff time.

That means I have to recover from Redhot's entry before I can cook mine, and then she'll have to not only recover from hers but then mine too before she can cook her second, then I'll have to...My God! Where will this end?:shock::shock::shock:

Might as well commit Spamicide right now...

Dang it Chris!! I was just fine living in the ignorance of never having partaken of the spammed meat and you go and put up this challenge... pretty much godda try it now... :tsk:

Oh and Redhot... those SPAMjitas look freaking awesome!! :thumb:

I think the American Heart Association has put this thread on its watch list.

Seriously? This whole forum is on their watch list. We do chit like stuff breakfast sausage with cheese and wrap it in bacon. A SPAM throwdown isn't going to get them worked up. :rolleyes::heh:

CD

Guess what's printed on the back of one of the cans of SPAM deguerre requested I pick up at the local Hispanic grocer today? A SPAM user guide, wow, thought it was funny...anyone else get some strange stuff on their SPAM cans?

spam-1.jpg

:shock::shock::shock:Wow, they even have directions now:doh:

Hmmm....never knew they had anything on the back. Let's see....mine just has a picture of a Grilled Spam and Cheese sandwich and says "Break the monotony".

SPAMITIVITY is starting to flow all over the forum!!!
"Flow" as when a barrel of toxic biohazzard is illegally dumped on the side of a highway. :puke:

The Brethren are posting threads of Spam sculpture, Spam prose, even Spam romance!!! :love::love::love:

Inspired tonight by the "Green Eggs and Spam" post in the Wood Pile.....
GreenEggsSPAM-1.jpg

OK, I have not actually seen evidence of Romance yet... but I am sure it is going on! :twitch:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess what's printed on the back of one of the cans of SPAM deguerre requested I pick up at the local Hispanic grocer today? A SPAM user guide, wow, thought it was funny...anyone else get some strange stuff on their SPAM cans?

spam-1.jpg

:shock::shock::shock:Wow, they even have directions now:doh:

That should tell you something about the demographic they are trying to reach... Smart enough to open a can, but only if they are given detailed instructions!

I hear it's a blossoming market segment.

My Spam's been in this since last night...

Marinade:
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup vinegar
3 tbs soy
3 tbs honey
1 tbs turbinado
2 tsp fresh ginger
1 tsp cayenne

I'll be creating a 2nd entry tonight since deguerre's already gonna have the grill going. Mine involves coc...well, maybe I shouldn't give any hints.:becky:

My wife isn't exactly the most adventurous eater so any SPAM experimentation I do would all end up in my already sizeable gut. However...my folks are coming for a visit next week so I think I'll definitely have to bust out a few cans and treat my dad to some gelatinous porky goodness. A TD entry will surely ensue!

I have been struck dumb with astonishment and amazement which is bordering upon spamification!

Spam Tease

fortheskewers.jpg

inthenade.jpg

nated.jpg

ready-4.jpg

rice.jpg

Guess...

Annnnnnnd the payoff! I wanted to call them spash-kabobs, but Redhot came up with Spatay!

brushing.jpg

grillin-2.jpg

Strike a pose...

strikeapose.jpg

grilled-1.jpg

plate-6.jpg

money.jpg

The marinade was reduced to a sauce for drizziling after cooking. Last pic for the entry please.

Last edited:
Woo YEAH, deguerre had to keep me outta this stuff while I put on my...not saying yet...but dayum, I didn't know SPAM could be so good. Maybe we should all stock up on SPAM so we'll have something to eat when the apocalypse actually happens. And his marinate simmered down into a sauce - aaaaahhhhh - wonderful, really, he had to take the spoon from me. Wow, it's a keeper!:thumb:

Back