MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:28 PM   #256
ewatts2003
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by manmeatbbq View Post
Only 7 700s this weekend and 14 180s. Definitely seems like a short list to me.
Not to mention (4) 700s at the same comp!

Old 07-15-2019, 05:25 PM   #257
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

The lowest winning score was a 691. So if you don't average 172.5 or better you can sit on the porch and lick. Good thing the scores have been lowered or we'd be back to the days of a coin flip determining the winners.

I may have punched a hole in my cheek with my tongue, and sprained my eyes as they rolled while I typed.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 07-15-2019, 06:02 PM   #258
Pappy Q
is One Chatty Farker

On another KCBS note, former BOD member and President Mike Hays passed away this weekend after a battle with cancer. Mike was a good friend and a good man. Competition BBQ lost a good one and I miss him. RIP my friend.
Pappy Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2019, 06:28 PM   #259
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Q View Post
On another KCBS note, former BOD member and President Mike Hays passed away this weekend after a battle with cancer. Mike was a good friend and a good man. Competition BBQ lost a good one and I miss him. RIP my friend.
I had some good conversations with Mike. I'm sorry that he's not with us any longer, but happy that he will have some peace after a long fight.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2019, 07:29 PM   #260
Burnt at Both Endz
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Calvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Q View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
I had some good conversations with Mike. I'm sorry that he's not with us any longer, but happy that he will have some peace after a long fight.
If you want to know why comps are losing teams, IMHO, you have to look no farther then why we all know and were friends with the Hippy. It was the drinks and conversions that everyone enjoyed that kept us returning. Mike gave more than he took from this crazy hobby!
Burnt at Both Endz is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->