how do i explain another grill......

deepsouth

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
well, you see, i was sort of looking on ebay at the old, but new in box weber smokey joe simpsons grill and while i already have three bge's and a weber otg, i've always liked this little smokey joe for some reason. i was bidding on one a couple weeks ago and i ran the bid up to $92 before i let it go to the eventual winner.

fast forward a couple weeks and another one pops up and i saw the bid was at $61, so i threw in $67.75 with five hours to go and i forgot about it.

got to work this morning and saw where i won the bid at $62, so i guess i'll get to explain this in a few days....

41ACRV0EDPL.jpg

You can day, "$62.00? I thought I bid $6.20! Doh!" :doh:

or.....

"Happy (Anniversary/Birthday)!

or.....

At least I didn't build a UDS.....

or.....

It's a Micro BGE!

Let me know how the doghouse is.......

Geebus!!!!! Like a man can ever have enough grills - she knew that when she married you.

Besides it is a "Homer" grill - don't see that everyday.

You can day, "$62.00? I thought I bid $6.20! Doh!" :doh:

or.....

"Happy (Anniversary/Birthday)!

or.....

At least I didn't build a UDS.....

or.....

It's a Micro BGE!

Let me know how the doghouse is.......

LOL. some good ideas! i won't be in the dog house, but i'm sure i'll get an eye roll at some point...... i can handle eye rolls. i'll just grab a beer and go out in the garage and sit with my grills and smokers for a minute. :laugh:

Just explain it this way....
" I had the option of bidding on another girl or another grill, and look which one I chose, because I looooooooooove you"

oh... and some kiss ass flowers might help too.

With the selection of grills and smokers you already have, somehow I find it hard to believe that you would be seriously worried about a 62 dollar novelty.

A reference to the number of pairs of shoes, purses or the like would work at my home.

With the selection of grills and smokers you already have, somehow I find it hard to believe that you would be seriously worried about a 62 dollar novelty.

yeah, not seriously worried about her. more worried about myself.....i can't go into a store that sells grills without picking out 'my next grill'....

:loco::loco::loco::loco:

Grills are really just cooking tools and you can never have enough tools.

C'mon. Just say its just like that new pair of shoes you just picked up. Doesn't she have something she always picks up?

Come on, man up already and do what I do; hide it for a few weeks and when she spots it you can honestly proclaim "oh I've had that awhile"!

Back