Habenero Death Dust

BBQ Bandit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Just received the deadly package from KCMike... and promptly raided the store shelves hunting down those elusive chicken wings... soon to be wings of death!!! With ziplocks and the dust nearby... clipped the wingtips off... just not to waste the dust... AKA the "Good Stuff". Drizzled EVOO in two bags and divided the tray of chicken. Opened the "Good Stuff" and poured roughly 1 oz. into each bag,... sealed it.... massaged and tumbled the chicken in the bags to encourage proper coverage. and now resting before "its time".

** Disclaimer ** the first batch will be done in the oven... just to taste the results without smoke.
The yard is saturated from too much rain... and would require waterwings getting to the smoker.

However... did hafta try a small pinch... all by itself.

Wow...., and WOW.... and Farkin' WOW!!!!

Definitely a high octane combination of spices... an initial hint of sweetness... then the warmth starts to creep from the depth of darkness, then the climbing heat stomps and overwhelms the sweetness... and slaps your tastebuds without mercy.

A seduction of habenero... I like it!

[Bags #101, #102, and #103 are in an undisclosed location in a safe place]

picture.php

Last edited:
What an awesome description for this product. I am waiting to get my hot little hands on some. Should be here by Friday of this week and man, I am terrified of the habby but I could not allow such a product to go along without getting my hands on it.

As much as I live Oakridgebbq, I know this stuff will be as good or better than what I already know and love!

picture.php

picture.php

The pictures does not do any justice... banging and kicking chicken!!!

Thanx again, Mike! You did it again!

So once it has been cooked, is it still pretty hot to the point where you are looking for milk or dairy of some kind or does the heat mellow out and become easier to handle?

Lets see if I can describe it... the overall flavor is mellowed slightly... if you had just one.

The heat is still there.... leaving a tingling warm sensation on your lips...
tempted to look for a source of relief... daring you to go back for more.

Going thru the second, third, and fourth..., the beads of sweat starts to build up on your forehead.
You will definitely be looking for a source of quenching relief by this time.

By the sixth one... oh fark yes!!!!! Bring it on!

I'm still sweating... a half hour later.

[Note: this was based off an oven and without any sauce... just chicken wings, EVOO, and the GOOD STUFF!!!!!]

Wings look AWESOME! and I love your descriptions of the taste!!!

Habanero dust...If you don't wear gloves when applying to whatever....make DARN sure to wash your hands before you make a head call..don't ask me how I know this:icon_blush:...but heed the warning or SUFFER!

Thank you Fish, I have lots of latex gloves. Looks like I will be wearing them for this operation. Hunan hand won't be striking my house.....:pray:

Habanero dust...If you don't wear gloves when applying to whatever....make DARN sure to wash your hands before you make a head call..don't ask me how I know this:icon_blush:...but heed the warning or SUFFER!

So, should you wear gloves to eat them too?

Habanero PSA

The only direct contact was my initial taste... then washed hands promptly.

Was careful of any incidental contact/exposure... and be careful not to inhale too quick or deeply... it is darn near caustic in other avenues.

When the bag was opened... poured into the ziplocks and closed promptly.
Allowed the chicken/EVOO/rub to be tumbled with the ziplock bag.
[Used "double seal" bags with the twin zips... did not want to risk a leak]

During the meal... haven't found the need to use gloves... but be mindful with those sensitive areas.
However did wash my hands real well before heading for the bathroom.

Have been known to wear a full face shield during ABT prep with gloves , too.

Back