LIsle Ill BBQ Comp - 8/14

billm

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
just curiuous of any of the Chicago area Brethren are planning to cook in the comp in Lisle on 8/14?
they were advertising it it at Westmont this year..non sanctioned comp BTW

good luck Bill. I'll be off to Michigan, so my daughter can run boxes for Rod... :becky:

This contest is to try and raise funds for cancer research. Obviously what we stand for as a team. So I hope it is a major success for all that are involved.

good luck Bill. I'll be off to Michigan, so my daughter can run boxes for Rod... :becky:

This contest is to try and raise funds for cancer research. Obviously what we stand for as a team. So I hope it is a major success for all that are involved.
Besides being a local contest, the cause behind it is one of the main reasons im cooking it Scottie.
Hope the class went well last week BTW

just curiuous of any of the Chicago area Brethren are planning to cook in the comp in Lisle on 8/14?
they were advertising it it at Westmont this year..non sanctioned comp BTW
Bartlett Boneheads will be cooking.
When are you arriving, Friday night or Saturday morning?

I have plans Friday so I wouldn't be able to set up until Sat morning. Which isn't too big a problem, but what are the details on the 20# of meat we need to supply?

Friday night most likely Chris..glad some familiar faces will be cooking it

I have plans Friday so I wouldn't be able to set up until Sat morning. Which isn't too big a problem, but what are the details on the 20# of meat we need to supply?
pretty much what the form stated..I did tell him I had reservations about this..not so much having to supply food but having to feed the puiblic at the same time im trying to cook and box for a contest. For those of us that cook solo thats abig pain in the ass. Id be more than happy to leave them leftover meat AFTER turn-ins.
Also found out that they wont allow vehicles on grass so they will bring your stuff from your trailer to your site with an ATV??? whatever..should be interesting..hey if they want to load and unload my trailer thats cool with me :)
also ..red cup event for those that partake

We would like to, but will be attending a Jimmy Buffett tailgate/concert that day. Good luck Bill!
thanks!
BTW - is that the one Phil Wingo is running? I was invited to that but already was cmmitted to the comp and not a Buffet fan at all

Unfortunately I am out of town that week on not returning until Saturday afternoon, so we'll be missing the fun :(

pretty much what the form stated..I did tell him I had reservations about this..not so much having to supply food but having to feed the puiblic at the same time im trying to cook and box for a contest. For those of us that cook solo thats abig pain in the ass. Id be more than happy to leave them leftover meat AFTER turn-ins.
Also found out that they wont allow vehicles on grass so they will bring your stuff from your trailer to your site with an ATV??? whatever..should be interesting..hey if they want to load and unload my trailer thats cool with me :)
also ..red cup event for those that partake

Can they pull my trailer onto the grass for me? I do all of my work inside it and have all of my stuff in cabinets and on the shelf’s. I do not want to pack all of that stuff into totes just to cook for one day.

I am not clear on this either. I do know that you need to have samples available from 12:00 to 4:00.
I wonder how many teams are cooking and how many people bought tickets. If only a few teams are cooking and he has sold a couple hundred tickets it could turn into a feeding frenzy.

It looks like all categories turn in at the same time, 4:00, which will make things very busy at the end of the day.

Friday night most likely Chris..glad some familiar faces will be cooking it

I agree and hope more folks we know attend.
If others are going to spend the night I might. I really do not want to but it would make it easier to get started Saturday morning.

Yeah, if they don't allow trailers on the grass then it's a no-go for sure. Already enough reasons to make me think this will be a cluster. I'm all for supporting the cause, but I won't be able to pass out 20 pounds of food from 12-4 cooking by myself trying to get turn-ins in.

Come on over to Michigan.... TO make you feel better. We will also be taking donations for cancer research! :wink:

Cant - I have family in Friday that I haven't seen for some time. By Saturday am, I'll have seen enough...

I traded e-mails with the organizer, and he said there will be a spot on the street for those with trailers. I also asked for clarification on turn in times but haven't heard back yet.

As for feeding the public, that is my biggest concern since I'd be by myself most likely.

Cant - I have family in Friday that I haven't seen for some time. By Saturday am, I'll have seen enough...

I traded e-mails with the organizer, and he said there will be a spot on the street for those with trailers. I also asked for clarification on turn in times but haven't heard back yet.

As for feeding the public, that is my biggest concern since I'd be by myself most likely.

That could be tough, maybe just feed the folks until 3:00 and after that they would have to wait or put it in a pan sitting on a table. Make a small sign and put next to the pay with a nice statement so the folks know that you are busy.

Come on over to Michigan.... TO make you feel better. We will also be taking donations for cancer research! :wink:

I wish I could, but Brian is sponsoring this event and we have to be at it.

Top 10

This may be my chance to finish in the top 10, maybe top 3 if we are the only teams coming. LOL
Does anyone know how many teams are coming?

Back