Catering for 75+35 kids! need a little help

nicerackbbqteam

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hello guys and thank you for all your support and advice

im still GREEN in the catering biz sens last year..but this year im getting more calls..

i got a call for 75 adults and 35 kids..what she wanted is.....

The adult menu (75 people):
BBQ chicken,
tri tip
BBQ ribs
BBQ Beans
Potato salad
corn on the cob
Garlic bread
& watermelon?

Children (approx 35-45):
Hot dogs and hamburgers (buns,cheese)

i already gave her a quote but she added hotdogs & Hambugers, corn, watermelon...what im asking is...what kind of quote would you give for this???...she is askin for a re-quote for the add ons

food will be delivered and set up
No onsite cooking
No serving the line

Thank you

That's a good looking menu, so you don't want to short yourself. I would figure it as 95 adults (40 kids = 20 adults) and charge AT LEAST $13.50 per person. My .02 Good luck!

I am real skeptical about who I do drop off jobs for. Family and friends are one thing, I like to be present at the parties I cater. What if you serve potato salad and the client does not have it of ice? who is to blame when someone gets sick be careful

There would be a ton of lost business if you had to serve every job due to worrying about foodborne illness.....simply type up a sheet entitled "how to care for your que and include temps for sides.....I would also recommend a simple statement at the bottom that once food is in the possession of customer that they agree to properly care for and that you are no longer responsible for it's care and have them sign off on it when you drop the job off. As for costs.....three times your costs is a general rule to follow when labor is not involved with an added cost for delivery and mileage. Hope this helps.

There would be a ton of lost business if you had to serve every job due to worrying about foodborne illness.....simply type up a sheet entitled "how to care for your que and include temps for sides.....I would also recommend a simple statement at the bottom that once food is in the possession of customer that they agree to properly care for and that you are no longer responsible for it's care and have them sign off on it when you drop the job off. As for costs.....three times your costs is a general rule to follow when labor is not involved with an added cost for delivery and mileage. Hope this helps.

says in our contract " Cater will not be responsible for FOOD safety and quality of said food after it leaves our supervision and care"...short verison

Back