THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

J

jswordy

Hey, I have a stack of black walnut from a tree I trimmed last year. Anybody smoke with this stuff? I was gonna use it in the wood stove, but now I have a few months of it sitting around before heating season again. I'm not desperate for wood, I have a stack of hickory and a stack of maple, but I was just eyeballing it and wondering...

Thanks.

OK, thanks. I felt it probably would not be good, looks like I was correct.

I agree about woodworking! I used to make jewelry boxes out of it. The sawdust irritates my armpits and inner elbows, though, so I have to be careful. Anyplace it can collect in perspiration, I will turn red.

A guy told me the trunk of the one black walnut tree we have in the yard is worth about $4,000.

I have also tried it, thinking it would work great, but...........was I ever disappointed. If I get any more I will turn it into a sail éille (shillelagh), because there is not a blackthorn (sloe) tree within a thousand miles of my homestead.

Back