Keeping Hamburgers Warm

Midnight Smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Got about 25 people over today for the Superbowl. Burgers are from Costco, the frozen cheap ones.

Because of time and rain today I want to cook a bunch (40) of these up and serve all at the same time.

So how wrong is this idea? Was thinking about heating up some Lipton Onion soup mix and putting it in a chafing dish, then dropped the cooked burgers into the mixture to keep moist and warm.

Anybody tried this? :oops::redface::oops:

That might make the buns a little soggy:biggrin:

make the soup with beer instead of water and add some butter. it works for brauts.

{Midnight ☼ Smoke};1172948 said:
Anybody tried this? :oops::redface::oops:

You ever work in a cafateria?

This is exactly what they did for the lunch crowd at a place I use to work at.

It does work and they were not that bad.

If you are holding them too long, they will fall apart.

I have done very small amounts held in a aluminum pan, covered and in the oven on like 200*, but that was when I was 1/2 hour-1 hour early when the wife and kid would get stuck in traffic on the way home.

Goodluck Midnight Sun

You ever work in a cafateria?

This is exactly what they did for the lunch crowd at a place I use to work at.

It does work and they were not that bad.

If you are holding them too long, they will fall apart.

I knew I was not dreaming I had seen this done.

I have done very small amounts held in a aluminum pan, covered and in the oven on like 200*, but that was when I was 1/2 hour-1 hour early when the wife and kid would get stuck in traffic on the way home.

Do you mean using the soup mix or just putting the burgers by themselves into the pan? I think that is my time frame, no more than an hour or so.

Goodluck Midnight Sun

Thanks!!

go to costco or GFS, see if they have any "au jus". usually those places carry it in a concentrate form. makes good resting place for burgers.

I do large burger crowds a lot - I put 'em on the bun with or w/out cheese, and wrap 'em individually. Makes the bun soft and people rave about them. They'll keep for 30-45 like this and a little longer in an oven set to the lowest setting...

It's a burger HOT TUB, yes, it will work we used to do them that way at street fairs when we had the deli's. We used beef broth cut with water and tossed them on the grill to just "finish" warm them up. Don't let them sit to long or as Bill said they will fall apart. Sounds like a great party!

Back