Alton Brown is...

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Feasting on Waves

Alton Brown goes in search of America's culinary roots and Caribbean flavors in Feasting on Waves. He starts his journey on St. Kitts (aka St. Christopher), named by and for Christopher Columbus on his second journey to the new world. Alton, like Christopher, is traveling North and West through the Leeward Islands and on to the British Virgin Islands. Alton maintains the spirit of Feasting on Asphalt and seeks out the most authentic and traditional foods of the regions and meets the people who created them. Restaurants are the most obvious targets but Feasting is about the unexpected, so Alton also ventures to find roadside stands, street vendors, farmer's markets, farms, spice houses and homes of local cooks who make specialties of the region.

I'm looking forward to this new show...

I was really hoping he would do one more series........Feasting on Ashphalt but looking to his new series.
Thanks for the heads up!

I really liked the 2 feasting on asphalt seasons... Very nostalgic.

I agree Curt, I bought both sets of videos at Sams and that will be my winter time enteainment looking for very cool recipes.

Tell you what my wife rooked me into a vacation on the Island of Anguilla. As you know i am not a fish person. They had some cool BBq shacks. I ate alot of that and there was a Subway! Went to restraunts and ate off kids menu. Not spending moey for stuff I don't enjoy. Anyhow everyone had a goat or 4 tied up outside their shacks. Partly for foilage control, partly for meat on the hoof.

If you are looking for a really good Caribbean/Caribbean style cook book, Steve Raichlen's early books are great. Miami Spice and The Caribbean Pantry Cookbook cover a wide range of foods and cooking styles with the added benefit of Raichlen's creative interpretation.

I'm looking forward to a new season/variation on his show. Great road food and scenery!

Did anyone else notice how much weight he gained during those 2 years though? He must have put on 30 lbs from all the fried road goodness.

I'm just finishing up the first episode (TiVo mod). I'm pretty disappointed. Hope the rest are better.

Sure doesn't compare to the Asphalt shows.

I liked the second episode better than the first one, but still not up to asphalt standards imho.

Paul

Watched him last nite and im tellin ya he needs to get back on that bike of his and hit the ashphalt!

I have traveled to the Island of Bonaire (Aruba's little brother) 2 times in the last year. They get a lot of their beef from Argintina the steaks are really good. They asl had some decent ribs and good burgers. The BBQ was ok. Fish was really good (I had shrimp and Mahi MAhi) All in all I like the food.

I ate a several road side stands in the Bahamas on my honeymoon with the ex. Food was outstanding and better and cheaper than the restaurants. The stands we ate at were quite clean!

Back