• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Advice on price for WSM

Smokin Gator

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
There is a WSM on CL for $150. I wrote the guy and told him I would give him $110. He said he would sell it for $130 but would have to think about the $110.

He said it has been used 3 times, is in perfect shape with no rust on the grates, and includes the cover.

What do I do brothers and sisters? I don't need it but could meld it right into the fold.

If he won't come on down and it is still in good shape, I'd give him $130. Cheapest price I've seen new is the $200 on Amazon.

i suggest boiling some ribs and smoking the hell out of them with the door wide open. Gotta show it who is boss.

Great score!

paul the guy that is on my bbq team i found him one at ace hardware on close out for 99.00 brand new :eek:

what an team member i am i told him about it and he is now the proud owner of his first smoker:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

york

Got it for $110!!! Now what to do with it!!!

I was going to go for the obvious, cook, but Tim beat me to it. :rolleyes:

How does this sound...

1. Buy a bottle of Cabo Wabo
2. Drink toasts to KCQuer, repeatedly.
3. Start a nice fire out of cherry wood in the WSM in his honor.
4. Boil some ribs in lighter fluid
5. Cut the ribs into individual bones
6. Toss the ribs onto the fire from a distance and watch the fireballs shoot into the air in a drunken stupor.

On second thought... Maybe cooking in it is a better idea. :biggrin:

Congrats on a great deal!

How does this sound...

1. Buy a bottle of Cabo Wabo
2. Drink toasts to KCQuer, repeatedly.
3. Start a nice fire out of cherry wood in the WSM in his honor.
4. Boil some ribs in lighter fluid
5. Cut the ribs into individual bones
6. Toss the ribs onto the fire from a distance and watch the fireballs shoot into the air in a drunken stupor.

Ahhhh..... memories of Libertyville, eh Ron?!

Well, except for the lighter fluid part.

A like new WSM for $110? SCORE!!!
Just love it <sniff> like it was one of your own. <sniff>

You got a great deal. I got my second one recently on Craig's List for $100 and it was used twice. It's like brand new. Then another guy listed one equally brand new for $100 and I tried to screw him for $75 but he wouldn't bite.

Oh... it got even better. I went and picked it up this morning. Paid $110. The thing is like brand spanking new. I talked to the guy for a few minutes about qing in general and told him about our site. As I am leaving he tells me to hold on... He goes in the garage and comes out with two 20 lbs bags of original K, a bag and a half of Cowboy lump, and a big bag of alder chips. Says he has no use for it now... I do!!!!!

I've never used alder before but I will check it out.

Sweet score man, I wish I could find a deal like that I have been in the market for a WSM since I joined this forum 2 months ago. I've trolled the MN craiglist a few times but there is not much out there in this area. I guess there a not a lot of qers around.

Sweet score man, I wish I could find a deal like that I have been in the market for a WSM since I joined this forum 2 months ago. I've trolled the MN craiglist a few times but there is not much out there in this area. I guess there a not a lot of qers around.

Thanks Rix... I am excited to have it. I have been a steady looker on CL for many months and this is the first one I have seen. Keep looking and you will find one too!

Go get some salmon to go with your alder. And celebrate life. :icon_clown

Back