The Best Way To Reheat A Burger (IMHO)

Q-Dat

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Had some leftover burgers from the LSU game the other night. I've never been all that imo ressed by leftover burgers. The microwave makes them rubbery. The oven does ok but takes too long. I decided to try steaming. I don't have a steamer, so I put abou a 1/2" of water in the bottom of a pot and made a foil structure to hold up the burger. In just a few minutes my 1/2 lb burger was heated through so I put some Pepperjack on top to let it melt.

20131008_103329_zpsbde5e113.jpg

20131008_105136_zpse1e194ad.jpg

So I toasted me a bun hit one side with Creole Mustard and pickles, and the other side with Sriracha and chowed down!

20131008_105156_zps0e352439.jpg

20131008_105307_zps9fc75e50.jpg

Still juicy!

20131008_105508_zps2fd6e103.jpg

Never tried the Creole Mustard/Sriracha combo before, but it may now be my go to way of topping a burger! Anyway I hope someone finds this useful.

He'll Yea!! Good job

That would not fly on DeepElemCue's deserted island...too MacGyver! :biggrin:

Good thinkin' though!

I know the microwave can screw things up, but if you reheat at between 50 and 75% power level it does much better and doen not trun it rubbery!

That looks great. I've also had luck reheating meat on defrost in the microwave.

Steaming works for me also, not as good as fresh off the grill but still pretty good.

I have a few left overs, may try the deep fry. What am I thinking everything is good deep fried right? :-D

Great way to make the best of a bad situation.

I approve of this method. It's what I do to re-flop my flat bread as well. I use my steamer insert in my Cuisinart stockpot to reheat a lot of breads and meats actually.

I like to put on a pat of butter topped with a couple slices of cheese. Microwave for one minute. After that and a generous spread of mayo, it is a seriously juicy microwave-reheated burger.

Will be trying this next time most certainly. Thanks for the tip

Back