36 briskets, 300 chickies, about 6-700 links

Well, I had a long weekend already. Wednesday night, I started with the briskets. Had about 350-400 peeps to feed Thursday night at a 20 church Easter presentation.

loadedpit copy2.jpg

Friday, I did about 6-700 links, along with reheating about 6 briskets. Links aren't exciting, so I didn't take any pics. Well, I forgot the camera.:roll:

Saturday was chickie day. Parts is parts. I cooked 325+ quarters, then threw on a couple o' hundred links.

hkchick.JPG

Oh, did I remember to tell you I lost 16 lbs. since January? This moring I hit 199.7. First time I've been under 200 since '94. That's why you can barely see me in the pic.

I know my chicken was good. A little boy, about 9 or 10, came up to me and said, "That's the best chicken I ever...that...that chicken was almost better than the chicken Caesar pizza at CiCi's." I thanked him for his kind words.:-D

Wowzers!!! :shock: When I grow up I wanna be just like you! :-D Awesome job!

The eats look great but I couldn't see you in the picture, you may be under 195 now :)

Congrats on the weight loss. Wish I could say I was under 200lbs.

Great job, what is the secret of the weight loss?

That's a smoker put to great use! And congrats on the weight lost... though losing 16 lbs on me is like throwing a deck chair off the QE II!

looks like you found something to add to that sig line!

those chickens look almost as good as the chicken caesar pizza at CiCi's!

great job!

The secret to my diet is I quit eating candy and most sweets. For the most part, I will eat a couple of eggs for breakfast, a salad at lunch, including all the 1000 Island I want. For supper, I have been eating Lean Cuisine, mostly. Maybe a couple.

That said, I will also go out to eat, or at a dinner invitation, eat all I want of whatever is there, good stuff and bad stuff, a couple of times a week.

During the day, I snack on Kellogg's fruit bars, several. I snack on butter and crackers whenever I am in the kitchen.

We like popcorn. I bought a small commercial unit a few years ago. We have popcorn almost every night.

Works for me. YMMV

Good lord man! I feed 300 people with 10 briskets and 120lbs of chicken. Were you feeding 350 350lbers?

Bigmista said:
Good lord man! I feed 300 people with 10 briskets and 120lbs of chicken. Were you feeding 350 350lbers?

They supplied the grub, all I hadda do was show up and cook it. So, I did.:-D But, that was over 3 nights. Altogether, it fed about 1000 mouths.

Now that is a heck of a wookout and I bet that biggo Klose did the job perfectly :lol:

Well done for a good cause.

TIM

Great cook(s)! Congrats on the weight loss!

That looks like it was a good time! Congrats on a successful smoke!

Back