Volume Smoker Options

Pa_BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Well I have not had much time to promote my new business, did get licensed and as my studio business slows down this time of year, I am cooking more and more.

I love the equipment I have, love my offset, my large BGE is used all the time but the insulated vertical I built was fun, but gaskets keep coming off so not very reliable and I will not tackle that project again.

I am often cooking 4 butts, but will be needing to increase this soon.
I love the flavor starting on the offset for 4-6 hours, but then need the set it and forget it to get some shut eye.

I have both the stoker and guru and trying to get opinions for the best smoker that can do say 8-12 butts.

I am thinking the Stumps Classic, have done a little research and have not seen any negatives on it.

Hoping to get some opinions from guys who are around a lot of different smokers at competitions etc.

I am getting buy with my TS120 offset, and bge / 22" wsm but a good quality insulated is in the future.

I have a great stick burner, I am needing something that will go all night.

thats what she said, :tape:

Anyway, not sure how far warren is from fleetwood, but your welcome to come take a look at mine. Stretch that is...

edit just noticed your up there.. well still welcome..

also dw country cookers..
http://www.kountrycookers.com/products.html

Since I have the Large BGE, I am also going to look at the XL BGE.
I always cook ribs on my TS120, two BGE may give me the volume I need.

So by "volume" you really don't mean "high" volume. If two eggs will do you, you're not cooking that much. Am I right? What is the highest volume you have in the foreseeable future?

So by "volume" you really don't mean "high" volume. If two eggs will do you, you're not cooking that much. Am I right? What is the highest volume you have in the foreseeable future?

With 2 eggs you could easily cook 11 or 12 8-9lb butts, and if I needed more could either fire up the 22" wsm or just cook them all on the Meadow Creek 120.

I am not saying it would be the perfect solution, or even the last one but right now what I want to be able to do is easily cook 4-8 butts in the cold pa winters.

I am looking at the stretch, but they seem to be about an 8-9 week production on them and that will be after the holidays for me.

Take a look at the Spicewines and Backwoods, both will run all night and give you the extra capacity you are after.

I used to have a CTO and loved it for sure. I don't think the OP has the need to cook 24 butts at a time.

Well, I can tell you right now, I can stoke a fire, burn it high soaking the metal, rebuild a large fire, and choke it down and lose at MOST 1* per hour AFTER the first 4 hours. I'll take my 3/8" thick stick burner (1/2" thick firepit) all day baby! :) Did I mention it can hold ~30 butts :).
I don't know about you, but I can't sleep all that well with some smoke in the air anyways... I just want to keep lookin at the product :)

Back