Maverick ET-73

Arat

Reaction score
Is the Maverick ET-73 thermometer a good choice for an economical remote thermometer? I've been offered one for 25 bucks and am wondering whether to go for it or the newer ET-732 for $59.

Personally, I'd take an ET-73 over the 732 anyday. My 73 is superior to my 732 in most respects. Either way, for $25.00, I'd be all over it. If you don't get it, let me know where I can buy it.

Personally, I'd take an ET-73 over the 732 anyday. My 73 is superior to my 732 in most respects. Either way, for $25.00, I'd be all over it. If you don't get it, let me know where I can buy it.
I agree for $25 I'd be on it! But the 732 would be my first choice having used both for quite a while.

Thanks, it's a local closeout so I'm gonna grab it. I actually tried to order a 732 a while back but they were out of stock.

Thanks, it's a local closeout so I'm gonna grab it. I actually tried to order a 732 a while back but they were out of stock.

Do they have more than one? I'd gladly pay you for the thrmo and shipping. :p

I really like my ET 732 more than my 73. But for $25 the 73 is well worth it.

I have both and the range on the 73 is complete crap. about 30 feet.. The range on the 732 is amazing.. I can go to my neighbors house with the remote and not lose the signal.. If you you ever do lose the signal, which only happens to me when I lay it down next to my laptop, (wi-fi interferes only when you get within 12-18" inches) an audible alert will warn you, unlike the 73. The 732 in a no-brainer.

Why do you prefer the 73 to the newer model?

Personally, I cant stand my 73 and it's range issues. It is so bad that I don't even want to purchase the newer model.

Back