• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Weber kettle

promad

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
If you was gonna buy a kettle and could afford it would you just get the 22.5 gold or go ahead and get the 26.5 I looked at a 26.5 today were I bought my wsm 22.5 and that thing is huge ?

Well if you have the need for the extra space than get the 26.5, me I'd really have no need for anything bigger than the 22.5.

My lovely bride of almost 30 years got me the 26 1/2" for my birthday and it is really awesome. It is amazing how much more it can handle. We do some church, Sertoma, and work cooks so the extra space comes in real handy for things like wings, abt's, fatties, burgers, hot dogs, 2 spatched chix or turkey. For just us, the 22 1/2" is just perfect. It's all good!!!!

Depends on what other cookers you have, how many you will be cooking for and how you plan to use it (just grilling, grilling and smoking, etc).

I've had a 26.5 for 30 years and just bought a 22.5 this summer. If I'm grill'in a couple of steaks or hamburgers I'm using the 22.5. If I was cook'in a turkey or smok'in something else I always used the 26.5.

Since I built my UDS I don't have much use for my 26.5 anymore, but I hang onto it in the hopes of some day finding an 85 gallon steel drum to make a big boy UDS.

It depends on how much food you grill. I went with the 26. Use it as a second grill when I don't have enough space on the Primo. We do a lot of entertaining and I can get around 20 ears of corn on the 26 direct or 12-15 chicken thighs indirect. For cooking a couple burgers or steaks, it a little overkill.

I have a 22.5" Silver, a 22.5 Performer, and a 26.5", so here are my thoughts...

Since you said you have the money, that is not a huge deal, but here is why I think the 26.5" is a better choice...

It is bigger of course, and it doesn't sound much bigger, but it is. The great thing though is that if you are cooking for just a few and don't need all that space, it isn't really a waste. All you do is not fill up the whole dang thing with charcoal, just put all your charcoal off to one side and grill over that. It really doesn't use any more charcoal since you are talking about direct grilling. And if you decide to try some indirect cooking on it, the extra space is even better so you can get the food a bit further from the heat and have some extra cooking space.

It also has a very nice lid holder, which some people will complain about on the 22.5" Performers because it leaves the lid kind of angled and in your way, but not so on the 26.5", it goes straight vertical and out of the way on mine.

This may just be because it has more metal, but my 26.5" seems to be a heavier metal than my 22.5" grills, and better constructed.

Anyways, if I had to choose between those, I would get the 26.5". Now if you threw a 22.5" Performer Platinum against the 26.5", the race will get very interesting!

I've had a 26.5 for 30 years and just bought a 22.5 this summer. If I'm grill'in a couple of steaks or hamburgers I'm using the 22.5. If I was cook'in a turkey or smok'in something else I always used the 26.5.

Since I built my UDS I don't have much use for my 26.5 anymore, but I hang onto it in the hopes of some day finding an 85 gallon steel drum to make a big boy UDS.

Where did you get a 26 1/2" Weber 30 years ago?

I've got a 22.5 weber, but sometimes I could really use the extra space, so go for the 26.5. Or better yet get one of each; there will be times when an extra grill would come in handy.

If you are cooking for 2-4 people, the 22.5 will fill your needs. Add more people and the 26.5 will fill your needs.

Now if it isn't a big deal in the price difference between the 22.5kettle and the 26.5 kettle, you need the big martherfarker 26.5 kettle.

Back