MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:57 AM   #1
WhiskeyPigBbq
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Christmas Gifts for Customers

I would like to send out some Christmas gifts to customers and am thinking about gift certificates For a place like Omaha Steaks. Just curious if anyone else had any suggestions or ideas.
WhiskeyPigBbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
JazzyBadger
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I'd say get some kind of gift cards for local business. No idea if Omaha Steaks is a local business or not, but that's the route I'd go. Nice local restaurant when it comes right down to it, one you might be a fan of, or one that's well received. Local restaurants go through Hell on earth to stay afloat.

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Fruit during the Winter is always good. I remember my Dad buying from this company during the Holiday season:

http://www.harryanddavid.com/h/home

The pears especially were good.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2012, 08:37 AM   #4
cpw
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybadger View Post
I'd say get some kind of gift cards for local business. No idea if Omaha Steaks is a local business or not, but that's the route I'd go. Nice local restaurant when it comes right down to it, one you might be a fan of, or one that's well received. Local restaurants go through Hell on earth to stay afloat.
+1 on this.
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA
[URL="http://www.facebook.com/yesdearbbq"]Yes, Dear BBQ on Facebook[/URL]
Proudly sponsored by Royal Oak Charcoal and [URL="https://www.atlantabbqstore.com/"]The Atlanta BBQ store[/URL]
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #5
spider22
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybadger View Post
+1 on this idea. It would be great if maybe a local butcher shop or supermarket with some really good meat. Steaks from Omaha Steaks can run over $25 a pound and I don't know what prices are like in your area but we have a local market that you can get some really good steaks on special for under $10 a pound. Your customers can get a lot more bang for their buck and plus you support the local businesses.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Yep. The JB post and other +1s are good provided all customers are local.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
thirtydaZe
Full Fledged Farker

Omaha Steaks are over rated. We live right down the street from a store, and since my wifes sister used to work there they could get a discount. I got some steaks for my BIL and sister for Christmas one year. Was almost embarrassed with the quality.
Weber Summit
Weber Performer
Weber Go-Anywhere
Weber Jumbo Joe
thirtydaZe is offline   Reply With Quote