D-Ribose on BBQ

HogFan

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Anyone used D-Ribose on their BBQ? How did you like it and what meats did you use it on?

Apparently some BBQ guys in the Memphis area do. Supposedly sweet and enhances the taste of the meat (not to mention the health benefits). I've never seen or tasted it......but I'm guessing someone here has......

It is a sugar but in the 90's it was a GNC type bodybuilding hocus pokus supplement

It is a sugar but in the 90's it was a GNC type bodybuilding hocus pokus supplement

Great so now when we complain about judge's scores we'll have to worry about them kicking our a$$ too. :)

Apparently some BBQ guys in the Memphis area do. Supposedly sweet and enhances the taste of the meat (not to mention the health benefits). I've never seen or tasted it......but I'm guessing someone here has......

Health benefits on BBQ? Don't care what you do to it or what crazy diet you're on, BBQ ain't health food.

Still hoping someone has tried this and can report how well this "sugar" works on BBQ. What temp does it brown, how sweet it is, etc.

Amazon product description

Ribose occurs naturally in all living cells. It is a simple sugar that begins the metabolic process for ATP production. D-Ribose works synergistically with, and enhances the benefits of, creatine supplements.* NOW sells creatine in powder, capsule and tablet form.
I worked at a gnc in college and it was one of the BS products that when your read about it, sounds like its some elite exercise supplement. reality was the product was sugar with a 40,000% markup

Just wait until a winner of the Jack has their win taken away for using enhancing drugs on their meat. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ribose is a sugar......but not the same sugar as cane sugar. It's a different form of sugar just like maltose, glucose, etc., ribose is another sugar.

Back