• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What's The Hardest Comp Meat To Find

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
use to be brisket but now it's R I B S. don't seem right.

Last edited:
Same here… It used to be brisket, but good ribs are very hard to come by around here.

I've had trouble finding all four at one time or another. Consistently it's been brisket. I usually end up going to one Sam's for ribs/butt's but not their brisket, then north about 30 minutes to another Sam's that usually carries nice prime CABs, but not ribs/butts. Then it's off to the local 'butcher' for chicks. Butcher my eye, the only thing the guy carries that's worth spit is the chicks.

Russ

I guess we're lucky, we have a wide variety of just about everything in the Spokane area. All grades... Decent brisket this year, however is running $3.50 per lb... There are less expensive (and in my opinion not as good) cuts still for $1.99 per lb out there.

I've had the most problem getting good consistent ribs and the ones from RD have been the worst by far.

i have the hardest TIME SELECTING brisket and butts, but my RD always has a great selection. i have, however, abandoned them for ribs. chicken is simple perdue "all natural". can be found anywhere.

I guess we're lucky, we have a wide variety of just about everything in the Spokane area. All grades... Decent brisket this year, however is running $3.50 per lb... There are less expensive (and in my opinion not as good) cuts still for $1.99 per lb out there.

Indeed we do. I like CostCo's meat quite a bit. The Cash and Carry about a block from the Sprague CostCo has some good deals also.

Brisket with a thick flat. Some out here have flats thinner than flank steak.

Back