MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:26 PM   #76
Kevin
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boshizzle View Post
Personally, I will share everything I know about BBQ even though it's not much compared to many. In fact, that, I believe, is why this forum is here. We are all on the same quest for that perfect BBQ. I share what I know, others share what they know and the next thing you know we are all cooking better BBQ.
Testify! I thank you for that !

Old 03-04-2010, 07:49 AM   #77
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

Here is an update - word is that Johnny Trigg uses this rub for his ribs. This is the mystery rub, perhaps?

He uses Head Country on his briskets.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #78
Scottie

Quote:
Here is an update - word is that Johnny Trigg uses this rub for his ribs. This is the mystery rub, perhaps?

He uses Head Country on his briskets.

Just fyi, you are getting and giving bad/wrong info.... So I'd suggest taking a class in shigging, so you can get all of the correct info. If you don't want to shig, then I'd suggest spending the $$ and attending one of Johnny's classes. But seeing that he won't be doing any this season because of Pitmasters. It seems you will still be guessing and reaching for straws.

Johnny also uses many of his rubs and seasonings in the exact same container. Color of lids is about the only difference. He has been known to put the wrong spice/seasoning on his products... As the containers are exactly the same.

So I would not believe everything that you see.

Red Jambo one off
FE 100
FEC 100
WSM
Homer Simpson 22 " Weber Kettle
Red 18 1/2" Weber Kettle
Black 26 3/4" Weber Kettle
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2010, 10:28 AM   #79
btcg
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
Just fyi, you are getting and giving bad/wrong info.... So I'd suggest taking a class in shigging, so you can get all of the correct info. If you don't want to shig, then I'd suggest spending the $$ and attending one of Johnny's classes. But seeing that he won't be doing any this season because of Pitmasters. It seems you will still be guessing and reaching for straws.

Johnny also uses many of his rubs and seasonings in the exact same container. Color of lids is about the only difference. He has been known to put the wrong spice/seasoning on his products... As the containers are exactly the same.

C'mon Scottie... he's not shigging. Triggs chose to allow the filming of his process... in fact... he was probably paid for doing it. So this is hardly the same as walking on to a cook site and stealing info.
btcg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2010, 10:33 AM   #80
Scottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcg View Post
C'mon Scottie... he's not shigging. Triggs chose to allow the filming of his process... in fact... he was probably paid for doing it. So this is hardly the same as walking on to a cook site and stealing info.

I disagree. He is going out of his way to find out information on a specific cook.

Red Jambo one off
FE 100
FEC 100
WSM
Red 18 1/2" Weber Kettle

Old 03-04-2010, 10:34 AM   #81
Jorge

I think Scottie's point was that you couldn't count on that information being accurate.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2010, 11:24 AM   #82
Boshizzle

Quote:

This was SPOKEN PUBLICLY by Trigg himself. So, I feel confident believing what I hear from Trigg.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #83
Boshizzle

Quote:
I disagree. He is going out of his way to find out information on a specific cook.
EVERYTHING in this thread is publicly available information. EVERYTHING! So, at the risk of having the BBQ Police show up at my house and hauling me off in a box car, I think some people over react.

There is plenty that I know about Trigg's process that I haven't shared since Trigg hasn't made it public. When or if he does, I will post that info too. If he doesn't, I won't post it.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:49 AM   #84
Scottie

Quote:
This was SPOKEN PUBLICLY by Trigg himself. So, I feel confident believing what I hear from Trigg.

Have you given any consideration that maybe, just maybe that Johnny has a sponsorship agreement with Head Country? Just as Johnny leaves a big jug of Head Country and a bottle of Head Country sauce laying around his RV. He wants to have people see it...

Red Jambo one off
FE 100
FEC 100
WSM
Red 18 1/2" Weber Kettle

Old 03-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #85
luke duke
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:

Methinks that your opinion would be different if you hadn't taken his class.
luke duke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2010, 11:52 AM   #86
btcg
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Have you given any consideration that maybe, just maybe that Johnny has a sponsorship agreement with Head Country? Just as Johnny leaves a big jug of Head Country and a bottle of Head Country sauce laying around his RV. He wants to have people see it...
Don't get it Scottie.

First you call Joe's observations "shigging."

Now you ask if he's considered the fact that Triggs may have wanted it seen.

???????
btcg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #87
Scottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcg View Post
Don't get it Scottie.

First you call Joe's observations "shigging."

Now you ask if he's considered the fact that Triggs may have wanted it seen.

???????

I'm not responding anymore. But I encourage you to look at what the title is from this post. If he didn't think it was "shigging" then why would he call it that?

Red Jambo one off
FE 100
FEC 100
WSM
Red 18 1/2" Weber Kettle

Old 03-04-2010, 01:46 PM   #88
Boshizzle

Quote:
I'm not responding anymore. But I encourage you to look at what the title is from this post. If he didn't think it was "shigging" then why would he call it that?

I am all for discussion and disagreement. However, I think all of your "concerns" have been addressed in this thread. If using information that Johnny Trigg himself made public is "shigging" then shigging isn't the evil thing that you seem to think it is.

Secondly, I don't believe Trigg lies for money. He uses Head Country, that is a fact. He has made it known to the public at least twice and has even said so with his own mouth that he uses Head Country. He may not use HC for his ribs, but he does use HC.

If you want to know why I call it "shigging" just read the whole thread. If you don't do that, please don't criticise something that you haven't read.

As far as taking the class, I suppose that if someone paid a lot of money for a class and then found out that the person who gave the class made some of the info available to the public for free, they might want to make accusations too. I don't know, just saying.

If you've taken the class, goody for you. You have a great wealth of BBQ knowledge that was spoon fed to you for a fee. This thread, on the other hand, is what it is and that's all it will ever be. If you don't like it, that's fine. A lot of us are having fun with it.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:58 PM   #89
Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke duke View Post

Methinks that your opinion would be different if you hadn't taken his class.
I've taken the class, and know Johnny somewhat. Yes he made some of what he does available via the show. Frankly I'm not pleased about watching folks here, and elsewhere try to duplicate what he does simply because they can. I'm sure he knew what he was doing when he taught people his method and gave them his ingredients. At the same time, he's still cooking, as are many of the folks that took his class. Just because something can be done, doesn't make it right. A lot of folks call him The Old Man out of respect, that he's earned, and I'm one of them.

Cooks will gossip about what somebody else may be doing like nobodies business, but it's done privately and with respect most of the time. There's a difference between that process and what I see going on here and on other forums.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2010, 02:13 PM   #90
Harmening
On the road to being a farker

He put himself on a TV show, I think things like this are to be expected.

It's not like someone's givin' out the secret code to a nuclear bomb in a secret underground lair.
Harmening is offline   Reply With Quote