Contest Announcment 2010 GLBBQA Winter Thaw-Practice Cook

Bbq Bubba

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
The GLBBQA is pleased to announce our 3rd Annual Winter Thaw and Practice Cook, April 23rd-24th, at Eagle Park.

Please see the attached application. Entries are due April 10th.

Attachments

• Final_Cooks-Application_2010.pdf
    126.9 KB · Views: 28
Here is some more info including the judges application.

View attachment Final_Judges-Aplication.pdf

Revision_2_Cooks-Application_Page_1.jpg

Revision_2_Cooks-Application_Page_2.jpg

Judges-Aplication.jpg

Yeah Bubba, over by the barn, that shields the wind and sun and I can get a good nap.

Scott

I'm a thinking Bubba has something else in store for you Scott at the BARN..........

Steve I know the rest have other commitments on PGB hope to see you there.

Bull didnt think you needed pratice??? I just bought a cookbook trying to learn before May gets here.

The Barn is where the cool cooks hang out!:redface:

I need to be close to you guys to hopefully learn a thing or two.

Anyone know what the raffles are?

The Great Lakes Barbecue Association's 3rd Annual Winter Thaw and Practice Cook will be held on April 23rd and 24th at the Eagle Park Fairgrounds in Eagle, Michigan. It is opened to all comers and entry fees are $50 for two days and four meats or $35 for Saturday only and two meats. This is a non-sanctioned event, but Kansas City Barbecue Society (KCBS) procedures and judging rules will apply in order to give the cooks an opportunity to participate in an "actual" event and to brush off the snow and prep for the season ahead. As Theresa Munroe, a veteran cook and charter member of the GLBBQA says, "I've always told people that if you're thinking about getting into barbecue competition, this is definitely a great way to get your feet wet for little expense, a lot of fun, and good camaraderie."

The fairground gates open on Friday afternoon and the festivities start Friday evening with a potluck dinner. Cooks will start cooking pork and brisket Friday night and chicken and ribs early Saturday morning. Judging of food begins on Saturday with chicken at noon, ribs at 12:30 p.m., pork at 1:00 p.m., and brisket at 1:30 p.m. For more information on participating in the practice cook, judging, or just attending to see what it's all about, please go to http://www.glbbqa.com/ or Jerry Wasson at jlwasson@comcast.net or Theresa Munroe at tmandb17@comcast.net Subject: GLBBQA April Cook Off.

The Great Lakes Barbecue Association is a non-profit organization formed in 2007 to promote barbecue, grilling, and all forms of outdoor cooking, not only in Michigan but throughout the entire Great Lakes region. It's the organization's desire to utilize their love of barbecue and outdoor cooking to benefit selected charities and other worthwhile causes. It's the GLBBQA's goal to sponsor cooking seminars and other events where members, their families, business partners, and the public can get together to exchange ideas and information, share tips and recipes, and promote the true meaning of barbecue camaraderie and friendship.

Roger,
are you seriously considering coming up? That would be cool!
I am going to get me one of those cocoon type sleeping bags to sleep in so I don't have to have those Bubba barn worries.

Scott

Wish I could make it this year but as of right now we are to packed...

Going to miss you guys!!! Hope to see at least some of you at the PGB!

Scott I cant make it that weekend Sorry. I will be cooking for a drunkin retirement party for 200 that weekend.

I believe this was your breakout contest last year. Even if it was a practice cook! :-D

I need to be close to you guys to hopefully learn a thing or two.

Anyone know what the raffles are?

I believe the Michigan Drum Corps is donating another drum this year. :thumb:

I believe this was your breakout contest last year. Even if it was a practice cook! :-D
Yes it was and that's what makes it even tougher not being able to go this year...

I'm hoping to have my new smoker done and ready by this date. Even If not I'll be there just to check everything out. I've never competed before but really want to get into it so any and all help would be great!

I'm hoping to have my new smoker done and ready by this date. Even If not I'll be there just to check everything out. I've never competed before but really want to get into it so any and all help would be great!

I just sent you a PM with more of the details on if you want to compete or judge.

There will be a couple rookie teams including myself this year so hopefully you can come out and compete with us.

Back