MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
harris92
Full Fledged Farker

Default Charcoal Basket Question

I am interested in having a welded charcoal basket made for my Oklahoma Joe Longhorn. Does anyone know a welder who makes these? I am located in metro Atlanta, GA but am willing to pay reasonable shipping charges. Would like to try someone other than Horizon.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:52 AM   #2
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

The basket doesn't need to be welded. Get some expanded metal, cut and bend to form a square basket and wire it together using non-galvanized baling wire.

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2012, 08:43 AM   #3
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

Fold up a cardboard box the size you want the basket lay it out flat measure the X&Y axis get some expando that is close to the dimensions lay your cardboard template on the metal mark it out make the bends tie it together with a few hog rings Done. Or are you the I fix things with my Checkbook type?

Last edited by Bludawg; 12-26-2012 at 09:24 AM..
Bludawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #4
benniesdad
Full Fledged Farker

Just sent you a PM with contact info of a guy I think can help you out.