Hot tub whole chicken.

plowin-fire

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Going to smoke some spatchcock chickens this weekend. I do thighs quite often and they are a big hit. I usually hot tub them with butter to get a bite through skin, then finish them up direct. Thinking of trying the same concept with whole chicken. Anyone tried it? :confused:

i just smoke mine right on the grate.. spatchcocked I inject mine in the breast and thighs with a lil cajun/creole/coon mixture i put together.. lol they turn out great!

its basically just cajon seasoning,creole, BBQ rub in melted butter.. and i inject it the smoke her at 300

Not familiar with the term "hot tub" in this context, care to enlighten me?

KC

Hot tubbing... Put the chicken in the foil pan skin up, add some butter slabs on top and close with foil. Pretty much steams it so you have bite through skin. Then finish on the grate to get the smoke and finish.

I'm with blu. Rub the skin down with butter before it goes on the grill and cook it hot. I've also pressed by putting a CI skillet on top, pressed or not they always come out well.

I prefer to cook a spatchcocked chicken right on the grates. Keep your fire low if you're direct cooking. About 350* if indirect. Rub down with butter or olive oil and your favorite rub or seasonings. I've pressed mine with a cast-iron pan or foil-wrapped bricks, too-works great.

Back