Fish Fry Fridays a look back to last year!

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well it’s that time of year when some people will be fasting or not eating meat on Friday with the exception of fish. Our parish committee is again holding fish fry’s or seafood dinners on all Fridays of lent. Imagine that I am actually a co-chairperson for this event. (Sarcasm) We seem to have a great handle on it again this year but would like the brethren to review our menu as we tweak it a little every year. Yes it is a fund raiser but nobody is required to come and we are open to the public catholic or not… Last year we netted 15 grand in 5 Fridays. Yes I said netted….

Here we go:

Appetizers:
Crab Rangoon
Fried Cheese sticks

Entrees:

Southwest Chipotle Salmon
Lemon Pepper Tilapia
Baked Cod
Fried Cod
Fried Shrimp

Endless sides:

Coleslaw
Mac n Cheese
Green beans
Corn
Cornbread
Fries

Drinks:
Soda
Water
Tea
Coffee
lemonade

Beer and wine extra and not served on Good Friday

Children:

Cheese Pizza
Mac n cheese

Dessert Table by the ladies club of cakes cookies and ice cream..

Here is a pic from last year

Picture037.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Last edited:
Wow...great idea. Are all the fish dishes available each week - or just one or two a week?

Wow...great idea. Are all the fish dishes available each week - or just one or two a week?

All or available except the specials which are Southwest Chioplte Salmon one week the lemon pepper tilapia the next week. We tried Lime pepper tilapia last year. My suggestion dont do it..... It one of the best Fish fry's in STL. The other thing is its not square breaded and Mrs. Pauls..... We have a great fish supplier....

I'd hit that menu for sure! Maybe add another appetizer? Maybe something like a salmon roll?

Lots you can do with shrimp if shrimp are considered fish for lent purposes

Man, I don't really like fish, but, that looks like a great menu, I don't see any need to tweak it. Especially with the rolling specials for those that want some variety.

I was also thinking about rotating appetizer and have two a week and throw vegetable Pot Stickers or those things that are like mashed potatoes in a dumpling (Forgot name) in the mix. We like variety and it seems to be working.

I LOVE LENT because it's the only time of year I can make my wife eat fish! There are a dozen different places doing lenten specials, KOC,Isac Walton, Amvets,Elks, Eagles, etc. It's a blast.
ModelMaker

Between the churches and some of the taverns, I've been to some great fish fry's around there.

I just got back from 3 days in St Louis and Columbia, we don't get good calamari in Wyoming, so I wasted no time in getting caught up on it.

Outstanging menu Marty.
Around here they serve beer battered cod, fries, coleslaw and a roll.

Will there be BINGO on Saturday?

First Saturday is a trivia night with a fish smellin gym! :twisted: Then the next 4 Texas Holdem tourneys.... :icon_shock1: Bingo is so old school... :lol::lol:

Great pictures and great idea Ash!!

Thanks Jeannie and everyone! Since I made the cornbread for a 1000 the night before I just night start preparing CG Sopillas for the dessert table. I will complete the making the day of the fish fry. Might need a 5 gallon bucket of honey and 10lbs of raisins though..... :cool:

Back