MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
CarolinaQue
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Teams needed for the Oct 12th-13th Non-Sanctioned Cabela's Contest in Scarborough, ME!!!

For those looking to try their hand at competition 'que, this is a great oppurtunity! The contest is sponsored by Cabela's and a few other sponsors, and it is no cost to contestants other than sauces/rubs and the gas to get there!!!

That's right, no entry fee, and all meat and charcoal will be provided for the teams. The meat is being supplied by The Meat House, and the charcoal is being supplied by Wicked Good, both are top shelf quality companies if you know what I mean!!!

The contest will begin Friday afternoon/evening the 12th, and judging will take place on Sat, the 13th. Judging times are to be announced at the cooks meeting on Friday.

Keep in mind that this is open to all teams, no matter what their experience level. This is not an amatuer only contest!!! Last contest, teams that have many 1st place trophies were there. So this is by no means off limits to the big boys...but don't let that scare you!!!

There is a decent pay out if they keep the pay out standard that they've used for the last couple of contests. $300 for 1st place finish, $200 for 2nd and $100 for 3rd. I believe that GC received $500 and RGC received $400 last contest.

Contact me for more details or questions if interested.

[COLOR=darkred]“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.”[/COLOR] - Mark Twain

- Beautiful family
- Home made trailer mounted reverse flow offset w/ vertical chamber, Weber OTG and an ECB
CarolinaQue is offline   Reply With Quote