Need Digital Thermometer for smoker

Dillo_Duster

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My WSM should be here on Thursday. I am in need of a digital thermometer. I would like one with at 2 probe (more is ok too). I would need one probe for measuring grate temp. preferably clip on, and one the a probe to stick in the meat. I am looking to spend around $20-40. But I am open to suggestions.

Also for under 20$ from the BBQ guru site you can order the Gromet Replacement kit that allows you to put your probes through the side of the cooker so you dont have to go between the lid of through the vent. This allows you to remove the lid without affecting your wires.

that Maverick ET732 looks like a good unit. the extra $$$ might be well worth it.

Dillo Duster
I have a Maverick ET 732, it is a great unit...except form one problem, after I used it the first time after checking the calibration in boiling water it worked great!!:thumb: The next weekend I used it and when I put it in my brisket and hour later it said the brisket was 272 IT I almost fell over...took my instant read and it was 175, the chamber probe was still on the money, I switched the probe plugs and same thing. Called maverick and they sent a new probe and I ordered 2 additional probes that will be used in a comp starting Friday nite:shocked::shocked::shocked: hope the new ones dont freak out:crazy::crazy:.. Anyway just be sure if you get this unit to keep a close eye on it so you dont ruin whatever you are cooking. If the new probes go bad I will let the Brethren know about it.

Back