MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
hav
is one Smokin' Farker

Talking Weekend Smoke & MOINK Ball Application

As I mentioned on Friday nights post, I was going to smoke some stuff for my co-workers birthday tomorrow.

I Began an Saturday night with some Pecan Rubbed Pork Butt.

I did it a little different that normal, I took it to 160° internal then Injected with Apple Juice, Rubbed some more and foiled. I kept it in the Drum until it hit 200° Internal. I then wrapped it in a towel and placed it in a cooler. When I took it out about 2 hours later, the internal temp was still over 160°. Here is what she looked like out of the foil.

Now Pulled and, I'll tell you what, (hank hill mod) It was the most moist I have made before. I kinda tasted like Kalua Pig from a Luau, it's great with white rice!

Now on to Sunday afternoon, low 40's in Flushing and Raining, you Farkers have me cooking in the rain!

I finally created the MOINK Balls! Someone make sure Ron_L sees this and hopefully, he considers my application for Certification.

Yes, pre-made, store bought Italian Style Meatballs, wrapped in Thick Sliced Bacon, smoked with Hickory on the Drum. Oh and a Big Fatty, stuffed with the Chipolte Cheddar Cheese and Craisens, rubbed with mashed up Frenches Fried Onions and Pecan Rub.

While that cooked I threw some Rib Eyes on the table top.

Ready to come off!

The plated product, MOINK balls & fatty are for work tomorrow. Tonight I dine on Rib Eye, Shrimp Cocktail, Shrooms, Pulled Pork and White rice. Yummy!

14" Table Top Kettle Grill; Turkey Fryer; [B][I][COLOR=red]Rapid-Fire-Red[/COLOR][/I][/B] Thermapen!; [COLOR="SeaGreen"][B][I]Mini, Small, Medium & Large BGE![/I][/B][/COLOR]
hav is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2008, 07:04 PM   #2
HeSmellsLikeSmoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

That's an awful lot of dang nice looking food right there. I'm guessing you are gonna obtain your certification too.

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET-732, EdgePro Apex Sharpener.

Avatar is the original 1951 Weber Kettle
HeSmellsLikeSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2008, 07:09 PM   #3
MtnMan
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

And here I am eating leftover turkey.. Man that sure looks nice great job.
MtnMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2008, 07:26 PM   #4
Bacon
is One Chatty Farker

YES!

A plate full of fantasticness. I don't know where to start but I damn sure know where I'd finish. Empty plate in the dishwasher.

Sometimes you just have to love a rainy day.

22.5" Weber OTG
Kenmore gasser
1 Super-Fast Sunkist Orange Thermapen
Hungry Apt neighbors
Certified MOINK Baller

"Anything wrapped in Bacon has to beat not wrapped in Bacon!" - Desert Dweller / circa ~ 09-14-2008, 07:28 AM
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #5
Paulie G.
is one Smokin' Farker

Looks great.
Klose custom 28'x7' Golf Pro Classic mobile pit.
Paulie G. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2008, 08:02 PM   #6
1_T_Scot
is Blowin Smoke!

It all looks great!!!great combo 3 meats and a few veggies to make the plate look even.
1_T_Scot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2008, 08:22 PM   #7
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Dear Hav...

Your application for certification as an officially licensed MOINK Ball maker has been accepted and reviewed. After careful and often times boisterous discussion your application has been approved.

You are hereby certified as an official MOINK Ball maker with all the rights and obligations that you think you should have.

Please send me a PM with your e-mail address for delivery of your limited time, suitable for framing, collector's edition certificate.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2008, 09:51 PM   #8
Butts-n-gutts
Full Fledged Farker

HAV
Looks awsome, and Congrats on being a certified baller. I always said you were certifiable.
Butts-n-gutts is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #9
J-mac
On the road to being a farker

Great looking food, hav.

BTW, I haven't heard about the Pecan Rub and, living in GA, I kinda feel like I should give that a try. Is that your own secret recipe or is it listed somewhere on the site? Sorry for my ignorance - I'm new here.
J-mac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #10
Mad Max
is Blowin Smoke!

You have reached a new level of Que! That food looks so great! That cart seems like it should be on a street corner, in manny hanny, selling pulled pork plates, on 5th ave. That is true dedication and a great set up.
Weber 22.5 Blue Kettle (CL rescue)
Turkey Fryer
Superbly accurate, ferociously fast,
RED THERMAPEN

"Certified MOINK Ball Maker" 2008
www.southerntreats.blogspot.com
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2008, 11:51 AM   #11
Dr_KY
Quintessential Chatty Farker

P
e
r
f
e
c
t

Slappin that bass like some delerious funky preist!!!

UDS, Half Pint (Mini UDS), Weber, ProQ 20, Kegrilla
*250 gallon cooker- 'The Meat Beast!!'*

British BBQ Championships
Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
British BBQ Society - Southern Championship
Grand Champions 2009
Dr_KY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2008, 12:16 PM   #12
garyk1398
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Gary

great slide show!

Gary, KCBS -CBJ
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Certified Nebraska MOINK Baller, [/COLOR][COLOR=darkred]KCBS - CBJ[/COLOR][/FONT]
Semper Fi, when in doubt empty the magazine :rip:
garyk1398 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2008, 07:35 PM   #13
hav
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
Dear Hav...You are hereby certified as an official MOINK Ball maker with all the rights and obligations that you think you should have.
YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butts-n-gutts View Post
HAV
Looks awsome, and Congrats on being a certified baller. I always said you were certifiable.
As always, playing catch up with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-mac View Post
Great looking food, hav.

BTW, I haven't heard about the Pecan Rub and, living in GA, I kinda feel like I should give that a try. Is that your own secret recipe or is it listed somewhere on the site? Sorry for my ignorance - I'm new here.
The Pecan Rub is my favorite so far, Salty & Sweet, made by John Henry's of Texas. PM me for the web address, but it should be found easy enough with Google.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
That cart seems like it should be on a street corner, in manny hanny, selling pulled pork plates, on 5th ave.
I keep this up my wife will throw me out and I may have to consider 'hitting the streets' with pulled pork!
14" Table Top Kettle Grill; Turkey Fryer; [B][I][COLOR=red]Rapid-Fire-Red[/COLOR][/I][/B] Thermapen!; [COLOR="SeaGreen"][B][I]Mini, Small, Medium & Large BGE![/I][/B][/COLOR]

Old 12-01-2008, 07:48 PM   #14
LMAJ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Looks good - how'd it go over at work?
1 Large BGE and table - 8/29/12
1300 Timberline 5/26/17
1 18.5 WSM
Super Fast BLUE and REDThermopen
1 - Fantastic hubby - the original Big Al
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. - Robert Brault
LMAJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2008, 07:55 PM   #15
hav
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMAJ View Post
Looks good - how'd it go over at work?
Excellent, the birthday boy was very happy. The boss loves it too. People keep commenting on the great smell I leave in the kitchenette while I reheat the grub.