• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

smoked me some ribs yesterday

gadgetguy

Reaction score
Saturday i was trollin the internet lookin for possibly a brine to try something different wit a couple racks of ribs. Ididn't find anything apealing ( but i did find this site by the way!) so i started looking for rubs and sauces to try. I found a basic Kansas city rub and matching sauce recipe. So i decided to try that (using the 321) I made the sauce and rub both saturday . I popped some burgers on the gas grill and tried out the sauce on them as a test run and was quite surprised . the only thing was i used just a little too much cayenne for most but it was to my liking. So i fired up old stinky and went to work yesterday morning on tearing off the membrane , puttin on the rub and all that goes with it. I used apple wood and charcoal and while they were in the foil i used some ash that i had cut down myself. when all was said and done i had done one of my best racks of ribs ever!! I can say this i've been smoking for 3 or 4 years now and have never used the same recipe twice. I will probably use this one again only modifying the sauce to taste. But i'm still looking for that one recipe
to call my own. One thing i like about this hobbie is i haven't stopped learning!!! Any ways this weekend i'll do a brisquet for the super bowl
( still looking for a good brisquet recipe to!!)
HarryC:crazy:

:blah::blah::blah::blah: No pictures:tsk::tsk: Oh glad you found the info you needed and it sounds like it turned out tasty! (we're just busting on you):mrgreen:

Sorry bro, I'm a newbie here and still haven't figured out how to post pics yet , when i do there will be pr0n!!!
HarryC

What Johnny is saying is "pictures or it didn't happen!" :wink:

Glad to hear the ribs came out good. I suggest making notes about what you did and include comments about what you want to do differently next time. Easy to remember now but I need help with that when I finally get around to smoking the same thing again.

For brisket I really like Steve Raichlen's coffee rub. http://www.primalgrill.org/recipe_details.asp?RecipeID=130&EpisodeID=19

What Johnny is saying is "pictures or it didn't happen!" :wink:

Glad to hear the ribs came out good. I suggest making notes about what you did and include comments about what you want to do differently next time. Easy to remember now but I need help with that when I finally get around to smoking the same thing again.

For brisket I really like Steve Raichlen's coffee rub. http://www.primalgrill.org/recipe_details.asp?RecipeID=130&EpisodeID=19

Understood about the pics!!! thanks for the brisquet tip , just printed that .
HarryC

A good, very simple brisket rub (that I also got from Steve Raichlen) is equal parts salt, pepper, and mustard powder.

ok here's the pr0n ya'll was asking for , i didn't take any pics while they were in the rub but i did after they were done
and i just now figured out how to upload
HarryC

Attachments

• 0127131918.jpg
    0127131918.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 0127131919.jpg
    0127131919.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Back