MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #181
R2Egg2Q
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-TX View Post
I used to lurk on that forum a couple years ago and most of those guys were brutal on anything that wasn't a BGE. Lurked earlier today and they seemed to have improved on that some.
The Egghead Forum today is a largely different crowd than it was several months ago. Back in August 2011 BGE corporate took over running the Egghead Forum site and installed the Vanilla forum look that is there today. It was a pretty rough transition and the folks that ran the old forum took the old format over to greeneggers.com. I would say the majority of the long time posters went with them to greeneggers.com.

I'd say the majority of those posting on the Egghead Forum now haven't been there that long and they seem to be more flexible than a lot of the folks who left. Of course there are some folks there still that enjoy stirring the pot just to because they like to but there are folks like that on any forum.

If you posted this on greeneggers.com I think you'd get a worse reaction. There's a lot more diehard Eggers there (and a lot more members in general) so the sheer numbers alone would lead to more negative reactions.

Before I get too far off topic, nice job on the vids JM!

BGEs: XL, Large, Small, Mini, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, MAK 1-Star General, Karubecue C-60, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA, Summit S-620 NG; custom BGE & Weber handles by brethren martyleach

CLICK HERE to join us in a BBQ Brethren Throwdown!
R2Egg2Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #182
JS-TX
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2Egg2Q View Post
The Egghead Forum today is a largely different crowd than it was several months ago. Back in August 2011 BGE corporate took over running the Egghead Forum site and installed the Vanilla forum look that is there today. It was a pretty rough transition and the folks that ran the old forum took the old format over to greeneggers.com. I would say the majority of the long time posters went with them to greeneggers.com.

I'd say the majority of those posting on the Egghead Forum now haven't been there that long and they seem to be more flexible than a lot of the folks who left. Of course there are some folks there still that enjoy stirring the pot just to because they like to but there are folks like that on any forum.

If you posted this on greeneggers.com I think you'd get a worse reaction. There's a lot more diehard Eggers there (and a lot more members in general) so the sheer numbers alone would lead to more negative reactions.

Before I get too far off topic, nice job on the vids JM!
Ahhh.. no wonder... Well I remember those die hards knew how to cook and were a tight bunch, but I personally found the condescending attitude too much. Then I found this forum and the keg forum and all was better.
JS-TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #183
certified106
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSetzler View Post
Today's cook on the Char-Griller Kamado....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1vnAA_b2bk

5.5lb chicken...
Thanks so much for the awesome review videos and cooking videos on the Chargriller Kamado! I have been watching them and I am looking forward to any future grilling videos you make. So far I have grilled chicken, burgers, and steak on mine but have not been able to do any slow cooks yet. As soon as I get my temperature probes (which is ordered) I will be trying the Boston Butt and the whole chicken, I can't wait until they get here!
certified106 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #184
sandiegobbq
is one Smokin' Farker

To everyone in this thread JM gets 10% of all future purchases he has inspired on his videos and posts!
sandiegobbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #185
zwylde1
Take a breath!

I as well will be cooking on one of these this weekend. I have a Maverick on order that should be at my door today when I get home. Tomorrow I am going to cook up some stromboli and then Sunday a pork butt!

Thanks JM for all the great info on this.

[FONT=Arial Black]Of everything I have lost in this life...I miss my mind the most![/FONT]
zwylde1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #186
GrillinFool
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks JM. I'm definitely getting one of these....
GrillinFool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #187
sullysQ
Knows what a fatty is.

JM your farking famous I googled the chargriller kamado and your vids come up first. Awesome work you've done!!!
sullysQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #188
PrinceofQ
On the road to being a farker

Cool Thanks JM!!!

Thanks for the great videos JM! After seeing them I went over with my parents to Lowe's and they got me one for an early Birthday present. I do BBQ Tools and Tech Reviews and have added this to my list to review. I was planning on buying a BGE or Primo, so I think I am going to pass now that I have this one. Thanks again for all the great info and videos!

I think Char-Griller should send you a big fat commission check for all the sales your videos have led to over the past few days

Thanks again man!

Jay Prince
BBQ Sauce Reviews

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #189
JMSetzler
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : John

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofQ View Post
Thanks for the great videos JM! After seeing them I went over with my parents to Lowe's and they got me one for an early Birthday present. I do BBQ Tools and Tech Reviews and have added this to my list to review. I was planning on buying a BGE or Primo, so I think I am going to pass now that I have this one. Thanks again for all the great info and videos!
Where are your reviews located? When you do this one I'd like to link to it from my blog if possible. I created a page just for this cooker in my blog space and I want to add materials like that to it over time...
JMSetzler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #190
PrinceofQ

Quote:
Where are your reviews located? When you do this one I'd like to link to it from my blog if possible. I created a page just for this cooker in my blog space and I want to add materials like that to it over time...
That would be great JM! Here is a link to all my info:

http://www.bbqsaucereviews.com/bbq-t...ology-reviews/

I will let you know once I get my review done on it. I have really enjoyed all the videos you have done on it so far!

I also noticed you're less then 2 hours from me. I live in Greenville, SC.

Thanks again man!

Jay

Old 03-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #191
JMSetzler
Babbling Farker

Just wow. This farkin thing will flat out cook a steak. I set up for direct and indirect cooking on it tonight and roasted some corn on the cob and new red potatoes and then ramped it up to somewhere in the neighborhood of 750° for some steaks. When I finished cooking my steak to what I thought was medium rare, I was worried because it was a little charred on the outside, but when I cut into that thing it was cooked perfectly. I think I cooked it about 3 minutes per side or maybe just a touch less... Video coming around later...

Old 03-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #192
OlyQ
Full Fledged Farker

Any plans on cooking a Pizza one this ?
OlyQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #193
PrinceofQ

Thumbs up

Quote:
Just wow. This farkin thing will flat out cook a steak. I set up for direct and indirect cooking on it tonight and roasted some corn on the cob and new red potatoes and then ramped it up to somewhere in the neighborhood of 750° for some steaks. When I finished cooking my steak to what I thought was medium rare, I was worried because it was a little charred on the outside, but when I cut into that thing it was cooked perfectly. I think I cooked it about 3 minutes per side or maybe just a touch less... Video coming around later...
Nice! Steak sounds so good right now! Looking forward to the video John!

Jay

Old 03-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #194
JMSetzler
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlyQ View Post
Any plans on cooking a Pizza one this ?
Absolutely. Pizza is the entire reason I was planning to buy a Kamado to begin with. I had an unfortunate situation about a month ago. My GF invited a couple of her friends up to have some of my famous grilled pizza that she loves so much. When that saturday rolled around, it was 28 degrees outside with wind gusting in excess of 30mph. There was no way I was gonna be able to pull off pizza cooks on the Weber kettle in those conditions. Pizza will be forthcoming, along with video :)

Old 03-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #195
OlyQ
Full Fledged Farker

Can't wait , I know once I show the misses your video of the Pizza I will be walking out lowes with one of these

Pizza is what is really gets me interested in these type of cookers , that and grilling steak at 700* That pulled pork and chicken you made looked tasty too!
OlyQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
char-griller, chargriller, Kamado