• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

NSF rating on items

BRBBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I don't get it when the nsf words are on some thing. Does this mean you don't need to clean the item? Example I've ate lunch at Bryants in KC, these folks use a meat slicer which I'm gussing has a NSF rating on it, I never see them remove the slicer and clean it, heck my $14 clone thermopen has a nsf rating on it as well. Does this mean I can just use the thing all day and not wash it? All's I know is these things are rated for food, so is my pop can, plastic fork ect. They still get washed.

Your local health dept determines how often you clean equipment. Slicer probably end of day if it's in constant use. Thermapen or any other temp probe that goes in food is every use with an alcohol wipe.

NSF means it's approved for food prep and serving and not how it's used.

Always wash everything. Bleach and hot water makes for a happy health inspector. :-D

I don't get it when the nsf words are on some thing. Does this mean you don't need to clean the item? Example I've ate lunch at Bryants in KC, these folks use a meat slicer which I'm gussing has a NSF rating on it, I never see them remove the slicer and clean it, heck my $14 clone thermopen has a nsf rating on it as well. Does this mean I can just use the thing all day and not wash it? All's I know is these things are rated for food, so is my pop can, plastic fork ect. They still get washed.

Not to hijack, but where did you get your clone thermo?

John

I have a thermopen but by accident left it in the rain. I dried it out and re-calibrated it but I don't think it's the same. Just looking for a cheaper version.

John

I have a thermopen but by accident left it in the rain. I dried it out and re-calibrated it but I don't think it's the same.
John
I'd give Thermoworks a call, they have great customer service and may fix it for free or a small fee...no hijack intended :)

Back