MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:07 AM   #1
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

Exclamation Hot RIBS - ǝɔuǝıɹǝdxǝ ǝʇɐɯıʇln ǝɥʇ - RIBS Fast

The OFFICIAL Weep ‘Em and Read Ribs Video

˙ɹoʌɐlɟɟo sʇol ɥʇıʍɹʎɔınɾʎʞɹɐq pooƃɐɹoɟǝʞɐɯ puɐ sqıɹǝɥʇɟɟo ɥsıuıɟʎlʇuǝƃ 'uı ʞɔɐq ǝɔınɾʇɐɥʇʍɐɹp llıʍƃuılooɔ lɐnpɐɹƃɥʇ ˙ǝɯıʇɐɹoɟʇıd ǝɥʇɟo ʇno puɐƃʇʇǝƃɹıɐǝɥʇ llɐɟɟo ƃʇʇnɥs ʎq ʇuǝɯuoɹıʌuǝʎǝʞoɯs ʇɐɥʇ uı sqıɹǝsoɥʇ dɐɹʇ oʇƃuıoƃǝɹɐǝʍǝsnɐɔǝq sı ʎɥʍ uosɐǝɹǝɥʇ ˙lɐıɹǝʇɐɯ pǝuɹnqun ou puɐ slɐoɔʎlʇsoɯǝɹıɟɹno ǝɹns ǝq oʇ pǝǝu ǝʍƃuıdǝǝʍʎllnɟ sqıɹǝɥʇǝʌɐɥǝʍǝɯıʇǝɥʇǝɹoɟǝq ʇɥƃıɹ ˙…os ˙ǝɯıʇǝɔǝɹd ɐʇɐʞɔɐq uʍɐɹp sı ʎǝuoɥƃıd ǝɥʇǝɹns ǝʞɐɯ oʇ pǝǝu oslɐǝʍ ˙ʇǝƃ uɐɔǝʍ sɐɥɔnɯ sɐǝʌɹǝsǝɹd oʇ pǝǝu ǝʍ os lıoɟƃuıddɐɹʍʇou ǝɹɐǝʍ sɐʎǝuoɥʇɐɥʇǝsol oʇʇuɐʍʇ’uop ǝʍ
˙ʇno ʎǝuoɥƃıd ɹıǝɥʇ dǝǝʍ oʇƃǝq ʎǝɥʇʇuıod ʇɐɥʇʇıɥ sqıɹ uǝɥʍ ˙033 uɐɥʇɹǝɥƃıɥ ou puɐ 062 ǝʌoqɐɟo dɯǝʇǝsnoɥɐ s’ʇı ǝsɐɔʎɯ uı os 'uɐɔ noʎ sɐʎlʇuǝıɔıɟɟǝ puɐʇsɐɟ sɐ sǝǝɹƃǝp 071 oʇ dɯǝʇɹɹnoʎ dn ƃƃɹq sǝɹınbǝɹ ssǝɔoɹd sıɥʇ ˙ssǝɔoɹd ʞɔınb ǝɥʇʇuǝɯıldɯoɔ puɐʇuǝɯƃnɐ oʇ pǝʞɐǝʍʇ uǝǝq sɐɥ qnɹǝɥʇ ˙ǝɔǝɹd ǝq ʇou ʎɐɯ sƃɥʇ os ǝuo ǝƃɹɐl ɹǝɥʇɐɹɐ 'ɹǝʞoɯs pooʍ llɐ uɐɹoɟ pǝɯıʇdo sı sıɥʇ
˙noʎɥʇıʍǝnbıuɥɔǝʇɥʇǝɹɐɥs uɐɔ ı ʇɐɥʇʎʇıɹoɥʇnɐʇsǝɥƃıɥɥɯoɹɟʇı ǝʌɐɥ ı os ˙ɐʇsıs ’oʎɹo ɐɯɯɐɯ ’oʎʎlqɐqoɹd sı uʍoʇ oʇǝɯoɔǝɥ uǝɥʍ uo zʇıɹds ɐuuoƃǝɥƃɥʇʎluo ǝɥʇ puɐǝɯıʇǝɥʇ llɐʞɔǝɥɔ 'doɯ 'sƃuɐɥʇ dɐɹʍ oʇǝɯıʇ ou ʇoƃʇ’uıɐʎppɐpdod ˙uʍoʇ oʇ uʍoʇ lǝʌɐɹʇ noʎ uǝɥʍ pɐoɹǝɥʇ uo spɹɐzɐɥǝʌɐɥ uɐɔǝɯıʇǝɥʇ llɐ uoıʇɔnpǝs ɟo uɐʇlns ǝɥʇƃǝq

˙ʎppɐpdod sı sıɥʇ
˙sı ʇı ǝɹǝɥ os puɐ sqıɹʇsɐɟ puɐʇoɥʇnoqɐʞʍɐnbs ǝɯ uǝǝs ǝʌɐɥ noʎ
˙ʞunɟǝɥʇʇnoqɐʞlɐʇ uɐɔǝʍʍou puɐ llɐɥǝɥʇ pǝʇıxǝǝʌɐɥ ssǝlʞunɟ uǝɹɥʇǝɹq ɹno uoıʇɔnpoɹʇǝɥʇɥʇıʍʇɐɥʇʞɥʇ ı llǝʍ

¡uʍoɹq sǝɯɐɾǝuo ɹǝqɯnu ɐɥʇnɹq lnos puɐ plɹoʍǝɥʇɟo ɹǝpuoʍɥʇ8 ǝɥʇ 'lnos ɟo ɹǝɥʇɐɟ poƃǝɥʇ 'ǝʇıɯɐuʎp ˙ɹɯ 'ssǝupıq ʍoɥs uı uɐɯ ’uıʞɹoʍʇsǝpɹɐɥǝɥʇ 'ʇuǝɯɐʇɹǝʇuǝ ˙ɹɯ 'ʇuǝɯǝʇıɔxǝ ˙ɹɯ 'sı ǝɥǝɹǝɥ 'uǝɯǝlʇuǝƃ puɐ sǝıpɐl

poɥʇǝɯɹʇsɐɟ puɐʇoɥ - pɐǝɹ puɐɯǝ‘ dǝǝʍʎppɐpdod

Last edited by barbefunkoramaque; 04-03-2011 at 02:32 PM..
barbefunkoramaque is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2009, 02:12 AM   #2
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

Attachment 34676
Popdaddy Weep ‘Em and Read - Hot and Fast Rib Method

Ladies and Gentlemen, here he is, Mr. Excitement, Mr. Entertainment, The Hardest Workin’ Man in Show Bidness, Mr. Dynamite, The God Father of Soul, The 8th Wonder of the World and Soul Brutha Number One –

Attachment 34677
James Brown!

Well I think that with the Introduction Our Brethren Funkless have Exited the Hall and Now we Can Talk about the Funk.

You have seen me squawk about Hot and Fast Ribs and So here it is.
Attachment 34678
This is Popdaddy.

Being the Sultan of Seduction all the time can have hazards on the road when you travel town to town. Popdaddy ain’t got no time to wrap thangs, mop, check all the time and the only thing he is gonna spritz on when he come to town is probably yo’ mamma or yo’ sista. So I have it from his Highest Authority that I can share this technique with you.

This is optimized for an all wood smoker, a rather large one so things may not be precise. The Rub has been tweaked to augment and compliment the quick process. This process requires bringing up your rib temp to 170 degrees as fast and efficiently as you can, so in my case it’s a house temp of above 260 and no higher than 330. When Ribs hit that point they begin to weep their pig honey out.

We don’t want to lose that honey as we are not wrapping in foil so we need to preserve as much as we can get. We also need to make sure the pig honey is drawn back in at a precise time. So…. Right BEFORE the time we have the ribs fully weeping we need to be sure our fire is mostly coals and no unburned material. The reason why is because we are going to trap those ribs in that Smokey environment by shutting off all the air getting in AND out of the pit for a time. This gradual cooling will draw that juice back in, gently finish off the ribs and make for a good barky juicy rib with lots of flavor.

There are some things we don’t want to do. We do not want to trim the sinew. Sure you can once you try it with it on first, but for now leave it on. At these temps the moisture loss is bigger than the flavor loss. In fact, I really don’t see any flavor loss with the sinew off in this case. In the 3 – 2 – 1 method I do.

We don’t want to do a lot of peeking. We can flip though if we want. But no mopping or spritzing – it lowers the temp of the ribs on their quick rise to the weep stage.

Now in the weeping method we benefit from limited exposure from smoke. These ribs tend to be smoked to a point where your rub and the smoke compliments the meat instead of shadowing it. Basically, foiling reduces the exposure to the smoke and limits drying. But in high temp smoking we smoke so fast nothing gets a chance to dry out – if you’re careful.

The rub is special too. I am using my Popdaddy’s Butt Glitter (which is a low salt ratio Rubb) along with a final Sprinkle of Atomic Dog to raise the Salt level Up and create a great Bark. I have good luck with using the Hit Me Fred too but a thin coating of your favorite flavored mustard will do. THIN! Trying this method with other rubs (especially High Salt ones) can end in failure and disillusionment. Also, letting the ribs sit overnight is not good.

Join the BBQ Brethren Now!!!!!! Insanity loves Company.

Last edited by barbefunkoramaque; 04-03-2011 at 02:32 PM..
barbefunkoramaque is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2009, 02:49 AM   #3
Mo-Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Sounds about right.
Dave

Old 12-10-2009, 03:04 AM   #4
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Mr. Please Please himself, the star of the show......
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2009, 06:05 AM   #5
Rick's Tropical Delight

nice accent! go pig honey!

Old 12-10-2009, 07:58 AM   #6
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Is it safe turn turn my monitor back over?
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-10-2009, 08:10 AM   #7
BBQ Bandit
Babbling Farker

A word of humble thanx... from the coachroach row.

Former smokers;
Lang 84 Deluxe kitchen, Lang 60 Mobile - The Damsel II, Lang 48 Patio - The Damsel, Bubba Keg Grill - RIP, Double Barrel Smoker and a BSKD
BBQ Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2009, 08:40 AM   #8
Crüe-B-Cüe
is One Chatty Farker

The award for best Tony Montana impersonation by a Brethren goes to..."Pitmaster T".

"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice."

Old 12-10-2009, 08:44 AM   #9
Desert Dweller
Babbling Farker

Location: Mesa, AZ Not exactly hell, but the zip code is very close...

Good information if ya turn the speakers off...
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff0000]LFSA RED Thermapen,[/COLOR] [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]And 1 2010 Victor brand Hot Dog Cart[/FONT]
Desert Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2009, 09:26 AM   #10
chambersuac

Thanks. I'm off to find my Popdaddy decoder ring...

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #11
big brother smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Dweller View Post
Good information if ya turn the speakers off...