Delayed finish on brisket

armor

is one Smokin' Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Sometime ago I recall a thread on cooking a brisket half way and finishing it the next day. If anyone reading this has done this what exactly did you do and how did it turn out?

Amor..........................................;}-

If time gets too short or fuel goes south or I just get tired,I will take my meat to the oven set to the temp.you wanted on the smoker and go to bed.You'll know when it is done by the smell,like a BBQjoint.Yes,Grasshopper you can do this and unless you're a Professional Pit Master,you can't tell.:thumb:

Not what I was talking about. I guess I didn't make myself clear. I am cooking for a party tomorrow and wanted to partially cook brisket today and hold until tomorrow to finish. Anyway someone who has done this gave me their method and I will give it a go.
Thanks anyway.

Never done it but my neighbor did and then invited my wife and I over for dinner and I swear I needed a chainsaw to cut through it. I made up my mind I would never do this, Just so a fast & hot 4 hour brisket on the same day and serve it hot would be my recommendation.

Personally, I would do one of the following:
- Change my plans and cook it tomorrow
- Cook it today and reheat it tomorrow

I wouldn't try to partially cook it, hold it for a day, then finish cooking it.

Back